Booked in here by my employers recently for a six-day stint. On checking the website, it looks a fairly good hotel with the weight of the De Vere name behind it. In reality it is quite a clinical looking building resembling something of a shopping centre with lots of rooms attached to it. There is a coffee shop just off one side of reception, and a Steakhouse and separate bar off to the other side.
First impressions? A bit of an upmarket Travelodge / Premier Inn with a hideously expensive bar (£29 for a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc?). They also do food which is typically overpriced (£11 for burger/fries) which to be fair though was quite tasty.
I do have to say that the staff were some of the friendliest and helpful people that I have come across, and it is solely because of them that I would give this place a 3 star rating instead of a 2. The rooms are fair, the beds are comfortable (but then so are Premier Inn's) but the ridiculous prices in the bar / restaurant are completely out of place for a hotel of this standard. Myself and my colleagues ended up buying food from local supermarkets and consuming them in our rooms rather than have to pay what would be by London standards, expensive.
I would definitely stay here again but I'm afraid the boot of my car would be stocked up with much finer (and cheaper) wines than those that are on offer at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Maidstone is situated close to the River Medway and is perfectly located to explore Kent and beyond. From shopping at Bluewater to a trip to see the animals at Hop Farm Country Park; from a walk along the new Millennium riverside pathway or a trip back in time to the Museum of Kent Life or Leeds Castle, you'll find everything on your doorstep. Village Urban Resort Maidstone has 122 comfortable bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Village Hotel Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Maidstone
- Village Hotel Leisure Maidstone
- Village Hotel Maidstone Kent