I had hoped that I could use this hotel to do some work in my room whilst I was travelling in the area. The hotel does offer free Wi-Fi but the public areas are very noisy so it is necessary to work in the bedroom. However, there is no Room Service during weekdays (only Sunday afternoon!), so I could work in my room but not get any food or refreshments. Not very convenient!
Whilst one could suggest that this is a budget hotel, I would argue that at £92 a night then it is reasonable to expect Room Service!
One other annoying point was that my room (102) has an extractor fan in the bathroom that is continuously working and noisy but cannot be turned off!
A few areas of improvement should considered Mr De Vere !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Maidstone is situated close to the River Medway and is perfectly located to explore Kent and beyond. From shopping at Bluewater to a trip to see the animals at Hop Farm Country Park; from a walk along the new Millennium riverside pathway or a trip back in time to the Museum of Kent Life or Leeds Castle, you'll find everything on your doorstep. Village Urban Resort Maidstone has 122 comfortable bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Maidstone
- Village Hotel Leisure Maidstone
- Village Hotel Maidstone Kent