My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the end of April on a Friday night as we had a triathlon race nearby the next morning. Check in was quick and the man on reception was friendly and helpful. He also organised a take away breakfast for us as we were getting up very early and would miss the official breakfast times.
Our room was number 100 on the first floor (all the rooms are on the first floor). Ours was right at the top of the stairs by the lifts, which we were a little concerned with as people would have to walk by our door every time they went in or out.
The room itself was fine, clean, functional and ok for a nights stay.
We went to bed around 10pm to ensure we had a good nights sleep before the race. However this was not to be ...
The bar downstairs stayed open all night with lots of people coming and going, chatting and shouting outside our bedroom window until 5am. Doors were slamming at all hours of the night and people were shouting and laughing in the corridors. The walls seemed to be paper thin so we could literally hear EVERYTHING that happened in the rooms either side of us.
Also being room 100 - a few people thought this was the number to dial for reception, which meant we received a call at 11pm and 2am!
Needless to say, we both had a terrible nights sleep.
I imagine this may be a different story on a week night, so this hotel would be totally fine if you were staying for a work meeting or something - but if you're looking for a decent nights sleep at a weekend - I would advise looking elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Maidstone is situated close to the River Medway and is perfectly located to explore Kent and beyond. From shopping at Bluewater to a trip to see the animals at Hop Farm Country Park; from a walk along the new Millennium riverside pathway or a trip back in time to the Museum of Kent Life or Leeds Castle, you'll find everything on your doorstep. Village Urban Resort Maidstone has 122 comfortable bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Village Hotel Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Maidstone
- Village Hotel Leisure Maidstone
- Village Hotel Maidstone Kent