We stayed here for one night on a Friday hideaway deal, which includes dinner bed and breakfast. We asked at reception if we would need to book a table for dinner, but were told it was very quiet and there was no need. When we went to the more that half empty dining area an hour later, we were told there was at least a 30 - 40 minute wait as they had a couple of large bookings made. We were directed to the conveniently placed bar next door for a drink. We came back to a less than half full dining area. Nice ploy to get you to spend money in the bar. If you have booked the 3 course dinner with the offer, just be aware that the menu is far more limited and there is less choice than on the general menu.
The staff were very young, and I didn't get the sense that they knew what they were doing.
The food was good and we didn't have to wait long to be served, although the young lad clearing the tables seemed keen to finish his shift as he was hanging around the tables ready to grab your plate the minute you finished your meal.
The bedroom was clean, it had a hairdryer, iron and ironing board and trouser press and a fair sized TV. The channels are limited on the television, but you get free Wi-Fi.
There is a Starbucks in the foyer which was busy when we arrived, and as there is seating outside, if you have a bedroom above the foyer area, the noise can get quite loud in the evening.
The breakfast was a self service buffet and was very well stocked.
A comfortable night, good for a stopover, nothing special though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Maidstone is situated close to the River Medway and is perfectly located to explore Kent and beyond. From shopping at Bluewater to a trip to see the animals at Hop Farm Country Park; from a walk along the new Millennium riverside pathway or a trip back in time to the Museum of Kent Life or Leeds Castle, you'll find everything on your doorstep. Village Urban Resort Maidstone has 122 comfortable bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Village Hotel Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Maidstone
- Village Hotel Leisure Maidstone
- Village Hotel Maidstone Kent