“Genuinely friendly service and authentic, good-value food”
Review of Vesuvius

Vesuvius
Ranked #12 of 334 Restaurants in Maidstone
Price range: US$20 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Southern Italian Restaurant offering authentic Italian food, with specifically sourced Italian ingredients.Pasta, pizza, seafood, meat (including veal and our famous meatballs), desserts and coffee all available to eat in or take away. Our food is cooked fresh and express, so do take it into considerations when yo are 1 of 70-80 guests trying to eat on a Saturday night.
Reviewed 9 March 2013

It is a pleasure to visit Vesuvius as the staff are effortlessly friendly, welcoming and humorous. The simply decorated restaurant serves well priced, home-cooked Italian food that can't be faulted.

Enough said.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Vesuvius, is simply the best!

It has the complete package, fresh, authentic and great tasting food, with the added bonus of a family run atmosphere and service. It's a winning combination and it's so good to finally have a "real" Italian on our doorstep in Maidstone.

I've seen a few complaints about the wait for food, firstly I think this adds to experience, you can enjoy your wine, talk and relax, I wouldn't want to rush this.
I understand if you are hungry for your starter, maybe you could ask at the beginning how long it would be and order some bread? I've always felt better when my food has taken longer, it means it really is fresh and they are making it the way it should be, if it arrived within five minutes I would be worried. Italian food is all about the experience, if you're in and out in under two hours, its not the same, so sit back and enjoy. (That being said if you going in for a light meal/lunch I'm sure you won't wait that long, I'm talking about three courses with wine etc).

We've been a few times now, most memorably for valentines and an anniversary meal. Both occasions there were spectacular special menus (Our anniversary is around Christmas) and we could not fault anything. My favorite dish so far has been the scallops they served on Valentines day, simply amazing. I also tend to order main dishes with seafood, chicken or veal instead of pizza and pasta. I think it's because I want to try what the chains don't have, but I'm working my way through the menu and I've heard everything else is just as good!

The best part about the restaurant? My partner and I really feel like we are going back to Italy for the evening, the smells, the food, the wine, the italian family service, it's a little break away from reality. Highly recommend, can't persuade people to try this enough! Looking forward to returning shortly :)

2  Thank LaurenJayHoward
Reviewed 2 March 2013

a very friendly service, a very good choice of menu, had trouble deciding what to have! the food was excellent--- and the service was quick. they went out of their way to ensure you had a great evening. will be returning many more times.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

we went wth the famiy 14 handed for our 40th wedding anniversary made to feel most welcome in a fully booked venue. food was first class all members of our company was impressed and wished to return. i would urge anyone to try it

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Had delayed Valentines meal Friday evening, so nice to enjoy an authentic Italian meal, made a change from the usual 'chain' restaurants. Will definately return.