“Wide menu, good food and friendly staff”
Review of Vesuvius

Vesuvius
Ranked #13 of 337 Restaurants in Maidstone
Price range: US$21 - US$48
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Southern Italian Restaurant offering authentic Italian food, with specifically sourced Italian ingredients.Pasta, pizza, seafood, meat (including veal and our famous meatballs), desserts and coffee all available to eat in or take away. Our food is cooked fresh and express, so do take it into considerations when yo are 1 of 70-80 guests trying to eat on a Saturday night.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We visited with my granddaughter for an early evening meal and were pleasantly surprised at the wide choice of menu. Our starters of squid, mozzarella and parma ham, bread and olives were plentiful and very tasty. Main meals were also plentiful, piping hot and a little different to the normal Italian mains found in the high street 'chains'. We finished off with some delightful desserts and ice cream - very satisfying.
Staff here are very attentive and friendly, and they bought amoretti biscuits and limoncello with the bill which was a nice touch (the granddaughter got a lolly).
This is a busy restaurant, much bigger inside than the exterior suggests. Not amazingly plush inside but with very Italian decor, which we liked. It is on the outskirts of Maidstone town on a busy one way road, but handy if you park in the multi-storey next to Sainsbury's. Do go and visit - I think you will enjoy it. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I took my partner to Vesuvius last for her birthday dinner (almost a de rigueur choice for us these days).
We were yet again rewarded with superb, friendly service and delicious food, despite the restaurant being fully booked.

At this point in time, we are almost too apprehensive to dine elsewhere in Maidstone, for fear of saying "Oh, I wish we'd gone to Vesuvius!"

These guys really have the formula right - High quality, yet unpretentious food, decent prices and genuinely friendly service.

Vesuvius will continue to be our first choice for dining out in the area!

1  Thank moodyb
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have now had two meals at this restaurant at busy times . I always order fish in a restaurant to rate it - this one cooks calamari and all its fish/ shelfish to perfection. Diners I went with had veal both times and has been delicious . The service has been friendly , can sometimes be quick if they have a bi table coming in , but thats because food is fresh so is not waiting around . I have no question in recommending this restaurant to a foodie . however, note the toilets are basic as are the seats , but for me thats the food should be the opera and it is !

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We came here on a Tuesday evening and had a really lovely time. The staff were very friendly and the food was lovely. I went for one of the specials for a starter and it was very tasty and extremely filling! I couldn't quite finish my main as a result which was a shame as it was also delicious.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Simple restaurant. Not the best part of Maidstone, so you might not easily come across it, but worth hunting out. Simple ambience. Very friendly staff. I had the grilled squid - big portion, simply cooked. Homemade tiramisu was one of the best I've tried. Will definitely be back to try more.