“Cafe Rouge Maidstone”

Cafe Rouge - Maidstone
Ranked #48 of 313 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated a short walk away from the River Medway, Café Rouge Maidstone serves a delicious menu of French food all day long. Drop by for a coffee and croissant, baguette, salad, steak and much more. The uniquely designed Maidstone Museum - Maidstone's most popular tourist attraction - is located nearby.
Maidstone
“Cafe Rouge Maidstone”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Slightly wary about lunching here because having 'moaned" in the past I can see the staff almost recoiling as I enter the building. If I could mind read I think they would be saying " oh gawd it's him again". Nevertheless they were very pleasant and attentive but I am afraid here comes the moan. Ordered a steak bavette which was cooked to perfection. A steak knife was provided but I would suggest a chainsaw would have been more appropriate. Said to have been hung for 21 days but with respect I would suggest that their butcher should be hung for a similar period.

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Dirty menu card was enough to make us leave”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Ugh!...we'd booked for lunch but when the waiter showed us to our seats and handed us a filthy, greasy menu card we felt sick to our stomachs. Couldn't believe he hadn't noticed how it was spotted with food, and covered in grease with sticky fingerprints both on the front and the back.
In a place where I'm going to eat I want to be sure that the usual standards of cleanliness and hygiene are observed...........this did not give us any confidence that the kitchens were any better than the card. Gross!
We asked for another menu and pointed out why. The waiter made no comment, but went off to the till area, but then instead of coming back to us straightaway he went off to serve another table leaving us waiting! It felt like he was making us wait deliberately. How rude! We decided to get up and leave, and would have explained to someone why but there was no sign of anyone in charge. All in all a horrible experience!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Getset9
Maidstone
“Excellent Food, Good Service ... a Tad Noisy”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Went early evening at the end of August. Just the two of us. Easy to book via the web and we used some Tesco tokens.

Food was excellent (try the petite plats (?) they are lovely), all the meal was well priced and the waiters/waitresses were extremely good and attentive. Leaving you breathing space between courses if you wanted.

I see they do special events - Michael Buble Tribute coming up soon. That might be fun.

The only thing I would add is that bottled beers seem to be expensive so go for the draught Stella - good drink and not bad value. Also it did get a tad noisy once more and more people arrived which was a shame.

Over all however a lovely evening and if I could give 4.5 I would.

• Visited August 2012
maidstone, england
“Will be Back”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is the first time I have ever eaten at this restaurant, and it certainly will not be my last. From the minute my daughter and I walked into the restaurant we were impressed, we were met by friendly staff, our waiter was really nice, polite, informative, helpful with what to order and his suggestions, which were excellent. The food was freshly cooked, nicely presented on the plate and tasted divine, daughter had the fish cakes, the taste, you have to try them, I had poulet breton, wow, will be having that again too. All in all a really excellent lunch, reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous food, excellent service and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had decided to visit Cafe Rouge in Maidstone on 2nd August, as my husband had been sent a gift from Cafe Rouge, for a bottle of champagne to celebrate his 50th birthday. We were immediately impressed by the smiling, smartly dressed staff, who welcomed us to our table.
Our party of 6 chose a variety of courses and all agreed that their chosen meals were delicious!! It was also refreshing to see a varied wine list.
We will without a doubt, be returning to the restaurant in Maidstone ~ our overall impression ~ superb!!