“Yummy lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Rouge
Ranked #103 of 307 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Situated a short walk away from the River Medway, Café Rouge Maidstone serves a delicious menu of French food all day long. Drop by for a coffee and croissant, baguette, salad, steak and much more. The uniquely designed Maidstone Museum - Maidstone's most popular tourist attraction - is located nearby.
Ashford, Kent
“Yummy lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Popped in for lunch while shopping in Maidstone. What a treat!!! The waiter who served us was good fun... A great start!
We have items from the Plat Rapide menu...and very nice too. My friend loves calamari so that was a perfect starter for her. She said it was delicious. I had soupe de cresson... Really tasty!!

For mains, my friend ordered the warm chicken salad... Which was not at all as we expected...not a lettuce leaf in sight!! It looked beautiful and my friend loved it. Being a veggie, I had the girasole... Beautifully cooked pasta sunflowers with asparagus, peas cheese and lemon butter sauce! Delicious!!

A lovely lunch...and we were absolutely stuffed!!! Worth a visit for sure!

• Polish first
Woking, England, United Kingdom
“Convenient city centre restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Evening meal with friend. The budget fixed price menu is good value. Ambience was ok, restaurant seems to have had a recent makeover and with lots of nooks and crannies good for a quiet chat. Service was slow and staff could be more attentive, some we are bit to laid back. Food was good and overall good value.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“A beautiful place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

For a busy Friday night, we were surprised to be served within 5 minutes although we did only decide on having starters. This Cafe Rouge offers some very nice additional seating arrangements in the form of booths kitted out with comfortable quality red leather. When you step through the entrance into the establishment you get a potent feeling of having walked into a classic Parisian Cafe crossed with a fifties American diner. It has old framed posters, mirrors and paintings decorating the walls in a warmly themed colour palette. There's a lot to look at.

We ordered "Champignons a l'ail" (sautéed chestnut mushrooms in cèpe & garlic cream sauce on toasted rye). This was presented a lot better in a different Cafe Rouge but the brilliant taste was still evident. The staff were friendly, quick and attentive. I was able to telephone book (via Maidstone's normal local rate number) at the last minute and reserve one of the best tables despite the rush of activity and custom. Very impressed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant on a rainy Thursday night in January. It was a rare 'Date Night' away from our 2 young teenagers and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. The food was superb and our server, Jason, was very pleasant, sociable and attentive throughout. The bill was cushioned by the 33% off through moneysavingexpert.com and we would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited January 2014
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Friendly, efficient service and well cooked food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have eaten here twice this week and really enjoyed it both times. I had the sharing platter on the night with my friend and a couple of main courses. The sharing platter is great and we could have done without the main courses! It comprises of hoummous, chicken liver pate, goats cheese balls, parma ham, olives, peppers, and a selection of breads. My minute steak could be have been a little more tender, but it was well cooked, just how I like it. My friend's burger on a brioche bun was huge, but very tasty. We had no room for dessert. This time, my husband and I opted for the set menu, which is terrific value at £14.95 for three courses. I had the speck and fougasse bread starter, whilst hubby had the goats cheese salad, both simple, but great. I then moved on to Pork Fillet with mustard sauce, mash and spinach, really tender pork and lovely creamy mash, my husband had the fishcakes, which he pronounced to be very tasty, the french fries were lovely, really crisp and hot. On to dessert, which was,cherry clafoutis with creme fraiche. I loved this, a mixture between cake and yorkshire pudding, studded with juicy cherries and served with a cherry sauce. We also tried the salted caramel icecream, which was totally
delicious. I had a lovely glass of Cotes du Rhone to go with my meal and my husband had a Coke, all for £40.00! Great value and we got a voucher for 40% off our next visit! Do bear in mind this doesn't apply to the set menu or drinks, but it's still good. The service from the waiters on both visits was spot on,very friendly and efficient, which really added to the experience,
thank you!. We'll be back soon!

• Visited January 2014