“Lovely Breakfast”

Cafe Rouge - Maidstone
Ranked #43 of 313 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated a short walk away from the River Medway, Café Rouge Maidstone serves a delicious menu of French food all day long. Drop by for a coffee and croissant, baguette, salad, steak and much more. The uniquely designed Maidstone Museum - Maidstone's most popular tourist attraction - is located nearby.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Breakfast”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Visited recently and had a great breakfast as a break from a trip to town. Staff very welcoming and engaging. Service great and not bad value.

• Visited April 2014

• Polish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Having read the previous comment I felt obliged to post something about my own visits to this Cafe Rouge.
I visit regularly because of the service we receive and the way my family, especially my two young grandchildren are treated. Many of the staff there are parents themselves and every single one of them has at one point or another done something to make my grandchildren feel welcome and that's something as simple as a waiter getting coloring pads for them or the manager giving them balloons.

Maidstone
“Service”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

If there is an award for the least child-unfriendly restaurant in the land this would win hands down. If they don't win that they should try for the least helpful/rude staff award. Word of advice take a good book to read whilst you are waiting for somebody to turn up to offer you a table.
So bad I walked out paying the full bill for myself and family having only eaten our starters without ever actually seeing our main courses. Red mist time not helped by the fact that the staff clearly found all of this highly amusingI
I always like to end on a positive note and do so now in saying that I have eaten at other Cafe Rouge restaurants which are perfectly OK.

• Visited May 2014
“Disappointing.....”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We fancied lunch out and with Frederic Bistro closed we decided to give Cafe Rouge a try after finding a voucher online.

We had the croque-madam and the fish cakes. Both were distinctly average. We were also left underwhelmed by the service. Despite it. Ring quiet we had to wait quite a while to order, no body cleared our starters before the mains came and we had to go to the till to pay as no body realised we'd finished.

I would recommend that any body looking for lunch to go to Frederic instead, much better service, food and atmosphere.

Visited May 2014
Kent
“FRENCH FANCY”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

a very nice typcal french place . will always have special offers too. if you are registered on their mailing list. had christmas meal there and it was magic.... definitely will recommend if you fancy a little bit of French food, with a twist......

• Visited April 2014