“On the go food”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stopped here for breakfast a few times good roadside cafe serving a good hearty breakfast to the travelers. Not sure on other meals only had breakfast here but have not been disappointed so far.

444Hannahj, Owner at Mickeys Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you very much for your review I am pleased you enjoy the breakfast and very much hope you will try one or all of our main meals. Look forward to seeing you soon kind regards hannah

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stopped last Sunday lunchtime (8th), from the outside it looks like a converted little chef... so we expected the quality inside to be the same... We were wrong. They were fairly busy, but the wait wasn't excessive (15-20 minutes for food)
The menu was extensive, and was good value, the girls taking the orders were polite and friendly and the food... Wastasty and of great quality.
The extra effort taken was appreciated and the food was freshly cooked. (Not just bunged in the microwave/fryer) This is proper home style cooking on the roadside. Yum Yum Yum.
We'd love to return to eat here again, If only we didn't live so far away...

Thank you very much for your very kind review I have had a look back at the staff on duty that day and relayed to them your thoughts and thanked them for keeping up the high standard. We hope that next time you are passing you pop in to dine with us again thank you again for your comment kind regards hannah

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Called in for a Coffee break this morning.
Easy parking, superb decor, clean and tidy. We were well impressed, especially as we had 20 minutes to wait and look around, before being asked what we would like.
Very friendly young lady waitress apologised politely to all the customers for keeping them waiting.
Coffee, when it eventually arrived, was very ordinary - could have been Nescafe, not sure, Tea was fine and my Pastry was a bit dry, but nonetheless it did what it was meant to.
I think we must have been unlucky and caught the staff at an unusually busy period on a Monday lunchtime. Either that, or someone had failed to turn in?
Probably drive straight past next time, just don't have the time to find out if we were just unlucky!

444Hannahj, Owner at Mickeys Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

hi thank you for your kind words regarding the atmosphere and politness of our staff. i am however very concerned that you waited so long for a coffee and pastry, being a roadside diner we try to provied efficient service as the majority of our customers do not have much time on their hands so waiting 20 minutes to be seen is unacceptable and i can assure you i will be looking in to the reason and if need be providing more staff training to ensure better efficiency. with regards to the coffee we use an espresso machine using real coffee beans for speaciality coffees and a filter coffee machine which is a rombouts coffee product we only ever use nescafe to provide a decafe option which you should have been advised of if you ordered that. i hope if you are to pass by you will pop in again as i would love to prove to you how good we really are. i can make no excuses for your disapointment this time round but will guarentee your next visit will be excellent and if you do stop please inform the staff of your visit and we will provide you with a pastry free of charge to make up for your dissapointment. thank you for your comment kind regards hannah

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have been here a few times and the atmophere is great staff are very friendly food is amazing and the place is very clean and tidy. Good childrens play space and great decor.
The menu is varied and just right portion size. And great value!!

444Hannahj, Owner at Mickeys Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words I am very pleased you enjoy your visits to mickeys rock and you are looked after by my staff be sure to let us know when your in next so we can thank you in person. We are also looking at getting a proper childrens indoor play area which will be even good to keep children entertained. Once again thank you for your support look forward to seeing you soon kind regards Hannah

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Having driven past many times today we stopped for lunch - what an awful experience.
The staff are rude and seem to have the policy of ignoring the customers.
The Pepsi was completely flat

The kids burger meals were embarrassingly small although once the adult burger meals arrived the only difference was some salad dropped in the burger. The salad had so many stalks I initially thought my burger had a worm in it!

When I asked the staff if the ten chips was a standard size they replied yes.

Once we started eating the burgers we found the smell of then was so bad it made eating them quite difficult. Still not sure if it was the smell of the dirty grease dropping from them or the cheese which was once grated but served as a lump especially on my sons burger.

A truly awful place to eat. No redeeming features at all, makes Wimpy look like a five star restaurant and certainly is not cheap. Menu states it sorces all of its food locally! I can only assume that our burgers got muddled up with the box marked shoe leather.

Avoid like the plague.

444Hannahj, Owner at Mickeys Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Hi I am very sorry your dining experience was not satisfactory for you and I am very upset to see such an unsatisfactory review as you can see from our other reviews this is rare. I can not apologise enough if my staff were rude to you this is not a problem I have come across before perhaps if you could inform me of the date and roughly the time you came in I can deal with the staff members on duty. As for the food I can only apologise if it was not up to scratch the child's menu is portioned for children under 10 and have never recieved feedback that size is to small but I will look in to this also we do put grated cheese in our burgers rather than cheap burger cheese but I can assure you it is freshly grated mature cheddar, however the burgers should be a lot larger than the kids burgers and have tomatoes onions and a mixture of iceberg and salad leaves but definatly not 9 chips, once again if you could inform me of the date and time I can ensure I speak with the chef to stop this happening again. This is a terrible shock to read such an awful review when we work so hard to provide quality service and food I will quite happily refund your money but would love to invite you back free of charge I will personally make sure I am there to cook your food to prove your opinion of us if you would like to contact me please do so on hannahjheeta402@hotmail.com