“The potential to be excellent!”
Review of Nelsons Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Nelsons Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We went to this restaurant on a Friday night. It was fairly busy but not full and was the first night of a new menu. The food was well cooked and well presented. There was a good ambience, the decor is very comfortable and the service was welcoming and attentive.
The main criticism was the extremely long wait for the starters,(an hour for fairly simple starters is just too long). One of the starters was olives and dipping bread - plenty of olives and oil but 4 small pieces of melba toast just looked mean and "dipping bread" usually denotes a variety of bread.However the main courses were tasty and the portions were generous. Prices were reasonable.
We will visit again and hopefully the small problems will have been sorted out.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I was worried when we first arrived that the menu had changed ........we need not have worried !! Having Italian friends and knowing exactly how to cook a risotto I was apprehensive about ordering this dish .....no need ; absolutely perfect !! I am not saying this beautiful restaurant is cheap because it isn't but it is classy and the food is just perfect !! The staff and owners are also so welcoming and friendly . Your children will be welcomed and given the space they and you need to enjoy a family meal out ........I couldn't recommend this place more xx

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We went to this Pub/Restaurant last night at 7.30. We both had pate for starters and the rib eye steak for main. The steak was served on hot plates and was cooked to perfection. The service was friendly and prompt. Overall a very nice experience in a quirky venue.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here because I had bought a groupon voucher for it. To be honest I had low expectations. I ended up being blown away by the place.

The restaurant looks lovely and the staff are really friendly but not overly so. The food though was amazing. The portion sizes were just right, it was all beautifully laid out and the chef was prepared to individualise the meals for us (one dish contained pine nuts which he removed for me as I'm allergic).

We have already invited our friends to go eat with us next month here. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Visited with my mum for meal. Had a groupon voucher for fillet steak meal with wine . Meal was delicious, owners were welcoming and friendly and the atmosphere was lovely and relaxed. Nothing was too much trouble. This place has the recipe for success. Definitely going back.