“Very Helpful Staff (Shame about the hotel)” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Maidstone
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Very Helpful Staff (Shame about the hotel)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel is in need of a makeover. Weather was hot, no air con so had to leave window open (single glazed) and suffer the noise generated by the service areawhich out room backed onto.
Good nights sleep?! Well the bed was comfy!

Despite being a double room there was one chair, no coffee table. On the subject of "coffee" only two t-bags and coffee sachets were in the room, no bisuits.There was no ironing board in room or trouser press. At breakfast (which is extra) I aked for a lightly boiled egg, which arrived in a dish, not an eggcup (not sure how I was meant to eat it), when I opened it, it was raw.

The only plus to this stay was a comfy bed and very helpful staff. Wont be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pampurrrrrr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Wales, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I chose this hotel for a stopover as I had been driving through Europe all day before my ferry trip back to Dover. We would have had more sleep in my car. My family had 2 bedrooms and my bedroom window was literally inches from cars in the carpark. We didn't arrive until approaching midnght, and by the time we got up at 7.30am, most of the cars had left, every one of them waking us up at various times!!!
When we arrived, the receptionist was obnoxious. She immediately demanded payment for a breakfast for which I had already paid, and was very argumentative even when I produced proof!
The biggest nuisance was that our two rooms were at different ends of a long corridor and we only had one overnight bag and washbag between us. We were told that we had arrived too late for anything to be done about it. The rooms had been booked months before, so they had plenty of time to organise rooms next to each other, regardless of what time we checked in.
Breakfast was quite nice, but we were extremely disappointed to find that it was not the usual buffet service but had to be ordered. This meant that the food was fresher, but not what we needed when travelling and in a hurry to get started.
I complained to the hotel manager in the morning about the attitude of the night receptionist and was immediately offered a full refund for the rooms, which I appreciated, but I would rather have had a good night's sleep and some courtesy.

Room Tip: Don't bother if next to the carpark - the parking bays are inches from the windows
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank suephils
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Probably the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed it. Usual high standard of premier inn. Well trained staff, friendly and helpful. Only one comfortable chair in room - I think we need a campaign to get two! Hard to beat if you want a clean no frills bed for the night. Breakfast in adjacent Brewers Fare- continental on tap English cooked to order which is good idea - nothing fancy but ok.

Room Tip: Sorry should not have ticked swimming pool and fitness they are not applicable
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Northumberlandscout
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I just needed a hotel to break up a journey on the way down to folkestone & this place was spot on. Close to the motorway, 24 hour check in (I arrived at 9.30PM), clean room and the breakfast in the pub next door started at 6.30AM. I got the room on a prepay deal & paid £55 room only so for the priceI paid (or my company paid!) it was value for money. The room was quiet enough with no traffic noise... No complaints...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Derby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have stayed here for business and always found the hotel accommodating.
The rooms are clean and decent sizes
There is a pub next door for food which is handy, however I have not eaten here.
Decent sized car park also

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

This hotel is in a good location away from main traffic noise. All the ladies on the front desk who we met during our 4 day stay were very friendly. Although the hotel looks as if it was built in the late 1980s or early 1990s it must have been renovated as both our rooms were in very good condition. Rooms were the usual standard layout but at least you know what you are getting if you are a PI regular like us.

The "pub" next door is showing its age with grubby carpets and chairs and badly needs redecorating. All the paintwork around the skirting and the radiators was also grubby. Our first meal in the restaurant was ok and the staff were very friendly. The second night was the opposite. First I was charged for a drink that I had not ordered. Then whilst waiting for our meal we saw that all 8 sets of cutlery on our table were not clean - it looked as if it had been wiped with a greasy cloth. We asked for fresh ones but poor hygeine really cannot be excused. Finally my meal arrived but the chips were not hot and looked a bit "baked". I asked the waitress if the chips had come off the buffet and she assured me she had seen them being cooked fresh. But she offered to replace them and the new chips were very different - piping hot and obviously freshly cooked. It annoyed me that the waitress had been economical with the truth, to put it politely. We did not eat breakfast there on any morning and on the 3rd night we ate elsewhere. We noticed there was another "family" pub down the road and will try that one next time when we return to this hotel.

If you like visiting gardens then I can recommend the lovely Great Comp Garden nearby and the Merriments Gardens and plant centre further away at Hurst Green. Both rate amongst my most favourite gardens.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting freinds rooms very nice beds comfy staff very helpful, restaurant nxt door we had only breakfast there which was brilliant food fresh and all u can eat breakfast waitress called Emma was brilliant ever so helpful brilliant vist will defiantly be returning

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Premier Inn Maidstone (Allington) Hotel
#5 of 15 in Maidstone
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,429 reviews
Premier Inn Sevenoaks / Maidstone Hotel
Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel? Share your experiences!