“1 Night at Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Very very hot and although a fan was provided it was noisy and made it difficult to sleep but turning it off wasn't an option as it was so warm! Very warm indeed, certainly somewhere to only stay in winter months as not much fun in August! Friendly professional staff, good parking and easy access although some road noise when windows open. Room was clean and tidy and the hotel was quite quiet. Such a shame it was like an oven in there as otherwise it would have been very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Crazyfrog2013

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Delighted to find that staff had opened the window, drawn the curtains and put a fan on in the room, which was excellent as it was one of the hottest nights of the year and made my stay much more comfortable

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tim_mudge
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel is in need of a makeover. Weather was hot, no air con so had to leave window open (single glazed) and suffer the noise generated by the service areawhich out room backed onto.
Good nights sleep?! Well the bed was comfy!

Despite being a double room there was one chair, no coffee table. On the subject of "coffee" only two t-bags and coffee sachets were in the room, no bisuits.There was no ironing board in room or trouser press. At breakfast (which is extra) I aked for a lightly boiled egg, which arrived in a dish, not an eggcup (not sure how I was meant to eat it), when I opened it, it was raw.

The only plus to this stay was a comfy bed and very helpful staff. Wont be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pampurrrrrr
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I chose this hotel for a stopover as I had been driving through Europe all day before my ferry trip back to Dover. We would have had more sleep in my car. My family had 2 bedrooms and my bedroom window was literally inches from cars in the carpark. We didn't arrive until approaching midnght, and by the time we got up at 7.30am, most of the cars had left, every one of them waking us up at various times!!!
When we arrived, the receptionist was obnoxious. She immediately demanded payment for a breakfast for which I had already paid, and was very argumentative even when I produced proof!
The biggest nuisance was that our two rooms were at different ends of a long corridor and we only had one overnight bag and washbag between us. We were told that we had arrived too late for anything to be done about it. The rooms had been booked months before, so they had plenty of time to organise rooms next to each other, regardless of what time we checked in.
Breakfast was quite nice, but we were extremely disappointed to find that it was not the usual buffet service but had to be ordered. This meant that the food was fresher, but not what we needed when travelling and in a hurry to get started.
I complained to the hotel manager in the morning about the attitude of the night receptionist and was immediately offered a full refund for the rooms, which I appreciated, but I would rather have had a good night's sleep and some courtesy.

Room Tip: Don't bother if next to the carpark - the parking bays are inches from the windows
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank suephils
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Probably the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed it. Usual high standard of premier inn. Well trained staff, friendly and helpful. Only one comfortable chair in room - I think we need a campaign to get two! Hard to beat if you want a clean no frills bed for the night. Breakfast in adjacent Brewers Fare- continental on tap English cooked to order which is good idea - nothing fancy but ok.

Room Tip: Sorry should not have ticked swimming pool and fitness they are not applicable
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Northumberlandscout
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I just needed a hotel to break up a journey on the way down to folkestone & this place was spot on. Close to the motorway, 24 hour check in (I arrived at 9.30PM), clean room and the breakfast in the pub next door started at 6.30AM. I got the room on a prepay deal & paid £55 room only so for the priceI paid (or my company paid!) it was value for money. The room was quiet enough with no traffic noise... No complaints...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have stayed here for business and always found the hotel accommodating.
The rooms are clean and decent sizes
There is a pub next door for food which is handy, however I have not eaten here.
Decent sized car park also

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business