“Worst "hotel" I've ever stayed in”

Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Service utterly appalling! Ordered two poached eggs for breakfast took half an hour to arrive, I would understand if it was busy but there was only me and a couple of others in the restaurant! At night beer was flat. My party ordered deserts they took (I joke you not) an hour and a half to arrive. Don't think I saw a smile on any staff's face during my week stay. Room had no toilet roll, when I asked for some at reception was asked (with numerous guests in reception) " do you have the sh##s" ??????! Would not recommend to my worst enemy.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This hotel was a pleasure to stay in. The staff were very friendly and always on hand to assist. I was very comfortable and had a great nights sleep. The food in the adjoining restaurant was very good. It was a relaxing stay and I would have no problems in recommending it to friends and family.Yet another great stay at a Premier Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Ideally situated just off junction 4 of the M20; the hotel was easy to find. The hotel was exactly what you would expect from Premier Inn, clean, straightforward with friendly staff. The bedroom was a decent size with a large comfortable bed As is usually the case with Premier Inns, next door was a Brewer's Fayre Inn in this case called Castle Lake where I had my evening meal. The sirloin steak was great value. Next morning the breakfast consisted of cereals, fruit salad, yogurt and a full english breakfast option. All in all a great night's sleep and great value food. I was staying there on business but the hotel is also ideally located for an overnight stop before catching a ferry to the continent. The hotel did what it said on the tin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John R
Reviewed 23 December 2013

What a great value place to stay. Booked early and for £29!!

The good things. The Staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and tidy and as always the bed's are very comfortable. The hotel is well situated and, for once, it has a very good Restaurant attached, cheap, good food and friendly.

What stopped me giving it 5 stars?The Hotel is one of the older Premier Inn's so some little things, like parts of the bathroom, looked a little tired. My TV was so old that the picture is not good and, once again, I was situated next to one of the fire doors so every time someone went downstairs the doors made a noise.

Overall very good and despite what I say above, I do recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: As with ALL premier Inn's avoid the rooms near the central fire doors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel is well up to the usual Premier Inn standard. The reception staff were very pleasant and the room was immaculately clean with a large, comfortable bed. No complaints whatsoever and I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We arrived at eight at night and were met by lovely, friendly people who took great care of us. The children were given colouring packs and lollipops - which meant that we could unpack in peace. Our room was spacious and clean and kept that way for the duration of our stay by the lovely cleaning staff. Great value for money. Brilliant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Premier In Leybourne expecting a reasonable budget hotel. This Premier in is a little better than others we have stayed in and has very good facilities, is clean and has a nice homely restaurant next door serving really very good food at very reasonable cost. W were unable to fault this hotel.

Room Tip: Minor problem is that the upper floor does not have lift access so anyone with mobility issues could...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family