“What a lovely hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Oakwood House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Maidstone
“What a lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel is brilliant, the staff are fantastic and very polite and helpful. The room was nice to with a massive king size bed and the shower is excellent with a massive shower head. I would recommend this to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul E, General Manager at Oakwood House Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Psleech

I was delighted to read you had a great stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here after attending a wedding in the hotel (which was gorgeous) and we were impressed. The room was very clean and modern and the bed was very comfortable and has made me seriously consider investing in feather pillows! I was very impressed by the bathroom too and although it didn't have a bath, it had a large shower which was really lovely. Breakfast was great, I was glad it was buffet style as this allowed us to have whatever we wanted, rather than having to stick to a set menu and the food was delicious. Overall a great place and we would definitely return!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul E, General Manager at Oakwood House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Tasha O
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your feedback. Feedback such as yours acts as a great motivator for the team here as they know their efforts have been appreciated.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bo'ness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This was a comfortable stay in that I booked a executive room, but disappointed in the chair in the room, bed was fine took a while to turn off the radiator in the room. Breakfasts were good and when I did eat in the hotel the food was good. I thought I was to get a morning paper with the deal but was told no by reception, who were very good in directing me to the late chemist for some cough medicine. In all a good stay, but will just stick the standard room the next visit.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Paul E, General Manager at Oakwood House Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear cct001
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your recent stay. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
sittingbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed in the hotel as part of the New Year's Eve Dinner & Dance package. The receptionist was polite and professional whilst also being friendly and welcoming. Our room was comfortable and clean, the only niggle is the lack of a shelf in the bathroom for toiletries but not a real problem as we were only there for one night. The young woman who greeted us with a glass of Buck's Fizz at the start of the evening's festivities was friendly and welcoming. The dinner and dance was absolutely brilliant - the singer was fabulous, the waiting and bar staff were efficient and friendly, food was excellent, DJ was spot on with the music and the dance floor was full from the start. Breakfast buffet was great with plenty of choices of hot and cold food.
We had an excellent stay and it was a fantastic way to see in 2014 and we are looking forward to seeing in 2015 there as well. Many Thanks to all the staff who worked so hard to make our evening and stay so good. Elaine & John. (Room 24)

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank elaine b
Paul E, General Manager at Oakwood House Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Elaine and John,
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your attendance at our New Year's Eve party.
I was delighted to read your comments and have passed them on to all of the team.
Complimentary reviews and feedback such as yours are always motivating for the team as it shows their efforts have been appreciated.
We have some great themed events coming up in 2014 along with the planning of Christmas and New Year 2015. It would be great to welcome you back soon.
Isle of Sheppey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

we had our wedding on sunday the 8th and i also stayed with my dad and my mates the night of the 7th.

all i can say from start to finish what a fantastic place for the wedding the staff were amazing and did everything and anything they could to help us in anyway possible, before and after the big event. the food ( and ask any of the 70 guests we had ) was amazing. the grounds of the hotel and building is amazing the staff keep it clean and are friendly towards all guests all the time.

the night before was a bit of a hassle as there was a christmas party for the national grid where there was alot of activities going on that you wouldnt expect from people in such high posistions in important jobs, which ment the next day i had to ask the hotel staff to just check the patio areas and sweep up the piles of broken glass that had accumulated and just been pushed aside by the guests and not reported, so the kids at our wedding could of fallen and hurt themselves badly, but as usual the oakwood staff had no issue with this. as soon as our wedding co ordinator saw the state of the outside area from the party the night before after a few moments there was a small team of staff clearing it up straight away.

the night before the wedding ( 7-12-13 ) we stayed in the hotel and had our dinner and a few drinks. Food was wonderful as per usual and served to the regular high standard that i have ALWAYS known at oakwood. it was difficult getting to the bar through the crowds at the party but we managed.

the only fault i had with the wedding day was nothing to do with the hotel but to do with some of the disgusting drunken & disorderly behaviour of a few of the guests the night before but hey Christmas parties with free drinks will cause problems.

i would also like to personally say thanks to all the staff, the manager paul, and our wedding team which consisted of sam sidwell, sam garrett. and the main man on the day who officiated his first wedding flying solo, jack. you all made our day worth every penny and the most fantastic experience ever.

so whether is wedding, one of the theme nights or just a nice night away this place really has it all and i have done all of the above here now even if it is only a 25 min drive away from my home.

Room Tip: pay the extra have the superior rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul E, General Manager at Oakwood House Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear gaz1987
Thank you for your kind words following your wedding at Oakwood House which we were all delighted to host for you. We would all like to wish you both a long and happy future together and we expect to see you this time next year for the 1st year wedding anniversary celebrations!
Thank you for the kind words for the team, especially those you mentioned in person. I will ensure your comments are passed on to them.
We look forward to seeing you again soon
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I love the look and feel of the hotel however I feel that being busy is too much for them. We were at the hotel for a Xmas party, the hall was nice and the tables looked pretty, that's where things went downhill.
I ordered potted prawns, nasty. The prawns were tasteless and the only thing you had to eat it with was your bread role. We liked the meat on the main course but the vegetables were only Luke warm and my wife says that the parsnips were the hardest she had even had. Desert was a disaster with the baked Alaska not only was the meringue runny but the ice cream melted, a fellow diner said it was more like a gull had done something on his plate. I had mixed cheese, once again nasty. The last piece was so bad being hard that when I took it out of my mouth I threw it on my plate and it bounced across the table.
Drinks------ expensive or what?
Room was nice although very hot, no noise from neighbouring rooms.
Breakfast in the morning was self service and you could eat what you liked with full English (shame it was only Luke warm again), continental, cereals etc. Would have been nice to have a pot of coffee or tea but you have to help yourself from a pump canister.
Have to say I won't book there again and if my company books another Xmas do there again I won't be going

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trevor B
Dear Trevor B
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your Christmas Party. I am sorry that you did not find the food to your satisfaction. We have processes in place whereby all tables our checked to ensure you are all happy with your food by our host and by the member of staff assigned to your table.
Having been in attendance during your party I am disappointed that you did not mention anything to us as we could have rectified any issue there and then.
I am glad you enjoyed your bedroom and would urge you in the future to talk to us first as it is disappointing to know we could have resolved your issues but were not given the chance to and instead find out via your comments on this site.
Paul

Travellers are raving about these Maidstone hotels

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have recently been to Oakwood House on a course the only complaint is that parking is difficult. Having said that I think this is an excellant venue for a course. The rooms are well furnished and comfortable. The best thing is the food, lunches were fabulous and plentiful, the choices are varied and you are able to have a bit of everything if you so wish. I look forward to more courses at this venue.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rookie13
Paul E, General Manager at Oakwood House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Rookie13
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your recent course.
I was delighted to read your comments and will ensure they are passed on to all of the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.