“Very pretty rural setting”
Review of Detling Coachhouse

Detling Coachhouse
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Maidstone
Newcastle upon TYne
“Very pretty rural setting”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed for one night on business. Very helpful hosts who coped with my later than expected arrival. Comfortable room with everyone that you'd need. Great area for my morning run! Good home produced breakfast.
All in all, does what it says on the tin and gives good value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
EmmaT_8, Owner at Detling Coachhouse, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed here whilst on business in the area lovely room very comfortable very nice staff who were very helpfull and a lovely breakfast was provided in a very nice breakfast room it is all situated in a lovely area !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
EmmaT_8, Owner at Detling Coachhouse, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your great review.
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a few days and really enjoyed ourselves.I prefer the personal touch that you do not get in the sterile environment of a chain hotel. The food and accommodation were good and the staff were attentive and genuine. I will return in the summer.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gilberto 70
EmmaT_8, Owner at Detling Coachhouse, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for you lovely review. It is always nice to hear that our guests are happy during their stay.
Flintshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

we travel down from north wales and was met by emma , and she showed us to our rooms ,we booked two of them ,lovely rooms very quiet area peaceful settings and we liked that !,ruby and max are there dogs I liked very much ,the whole time there was good , slept very well ,recommend Steve bev kids thank you

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank xxste-bev
Great Bookham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

'Homely cottage in heart of Kent. Perfect hosts greeted with hot cup of coffee on a cold Dec afternoon, settled in my room with plenty of advice for my evening. Good breakfast selection a time to suit me...
Personality and personal service - much nicer than the big chains. '

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Elaine F
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I was recommended to stay here by a friend. I would definitely stay here again. I stayed in a single room as it was a business related visit but I would visit again with my wife. It is in a beautiful setting and there is a warm and friendly atmosphere. The room was well appointed and the whole experience was one I hope to repeat. The breakfast was top quality and cooked personally, you could tell that the owners care about the quality of your stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

After sampling a number of hotels and B&B's in the area, I was recommended to stay at the detling coach house by an acquaintance of mine. I was initially bowled over by the beautiful picturesque country-side setting, simply stunning. Despite the rural setting the B&B is conveniently located only a few minutes away from the M20.

upon my arrival I was greeted warmly by owner Emma, who escorted me to my room. The room was a great size, the bed comfy with lovely and clean en-suite facilities. I asked Emma and her husband (who I met later) for local restaurant recommendations and they really couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.

My night sleep couldn't have been more peaceful, partly due to the comfy bed and quiet rural surroundings. I could have stayed in bed all morning, however unfortunately I had to work.

I made my way down to the breakfast room for 7am and was welcomed warmly by husband Pan who ran through the menu options. I opted for a freshly cooked-to-order full English breakfast and whilst I waited helped myself to cereal. The cooked breakfast was quite simply amazing. I've breakfasted at a number of hotels and this breakfast has surpassed them all. Quality ingredients, eggs cooked how I asked, hot and just REALLY good. They really did everything possible to make sure I enjoyed my meal, offering more tea and toast when I ran out and generally being on-hand when I wanted, yet not fussing annoyingly.

I left the B&b feeling well rested, fed and ready for my day. In short - Clean, cozy, attention to detail, friendly, great food, brilliant location and excellent value. Definitely coming back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business