Stayed at the White Rabbit on 23/12/11 to do some last minute Christmas shopping in Maidstone. Its a great location (lovely walking distance to town centre), nice pub, nice place. The problem we had was with our room. It was on quite a slope (felt like blood rushed to our heads in bed), mattress was really old and springy (needs changing), just after midnight we were awoken by some awful noise (chairs and tables being dragged on a wooden floor for about 30min as the breakfast room was underneath us and they were preparing it for the next day. Couldn't go back to sleep for quite a while due to noise.
Taking all of the above into account, I wouldn't say "dont go there"! Just make sure you dont get room number 3, maybe another room has more luck.
To recap - nice place, great location but room 3 not recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1797 to house the officers' quarters of the Invicta Barracks, this distinctive lodge is one of the most welcoming hotels in Maidstone. Rather than repelling Napoleonic troops it now serves as relaxing budget accommodation for short breaks and business travel, and is ideally placed for exploring Kent or nearby towns like Chatham and East Malling.The colonial-style building offers 12 comfy rooms and a cosy pub, where you can unwind with a pint of cask ale and some freshly cooked, seasonally inspired food.Maidstone is Kent's business heart, but there's plenty to see and do besides attending an event at the East Malling Conference Centre. It's best known as home to the beautiful Leeds Castle, with its 500 acres of scenic parkland and popular golf course, but you could also enjoy the town's theatres, bars or busy shopping centre. Or you could explore the area via water, taking a canoe along the River Medway or a more leisurely boat trip on the Allington Belle or Kentish Lady. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rabbit Vintage Hotel Maidstone
- Innkeeper's Lodge Maidstone Kent