Innkeeper's Lodge Maidstone
US$152
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Village Hotel Maidstone(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$109
Toprooms.com
US$137
US$133
US$82
Premier Inn Maidstone Town Centre Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$103
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone (Allington) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$89
PremierInn.com
All reviewswhite rabbitinnkeepers lodgetown centrecontinental breakfastfamily roomfirst morningcomfy bedplenty of hot waterdecent sizewould stay againsunday lunchfamily weddingshort staybedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I booked this place for convenience, due to its location close to several places I needed to visit over a couple of days on business.

Its a proper 'pub' so do not expect a full on hotel experience, it is a basic rooms over the main event, and the noise from the bar and resturant travels upstairs.

I had room 3, it is obviously an old building with sash windows so therefore without double glazing, making it noisy, especially those rooms fronting the main road, which room 3 does.

The floors creak and the bed is on a marked tilt. You could forgive it these old building quirks if it wasn't quite so shabby, the carpet is threadbare in places and really needs a clean, and the previous occupants towels had been left in the room, although I was also left clean ones!

The bathroom has seen better days with mould in the shower and a dented and cracked vanity unit.

On the plus side they let you park your car for free all day in their car park, although I did have to ask if it was safe, as there were some unsavoury charcters loitering when I arrived. Also the food is OK on the pub grub scale but I found the staff helpful and enthusiastic.

On the whole OK for a one night business stopover but I wouldn't have been impressed if I had booked as part of a holiday.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Toilet roll holder off the wall,shower blocked ,you have to wait until the water goes down to finish your shower!
.Dust in the bed room,old blankets on the bed,I could go on and on.
I have sent a letter of complaint as yet NO REPLY!

Room Tip: Do not waste your money
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank penny f
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The staff are nice enough but it was noisy and very hot. I was drifting off to sleep when a door banged loudly. I then woke up early to creaky floorboards above me.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room on the 2nd floor?
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank misterbarker
Reviewed 14 June 2012

On arrival I was wary due to the rubbish strewn car park, but the bedroom seemed pleasant enough. I was unable to access the promised free Wi-fi and was told it was only available in the bedrooms and that instructions were on a card in the room. Sadly the room card only offers various paid for schemes! Only the following morning did a staff member know how to register for free Wi-fi. Ordering food was a joke Two of us ordered steak meals only to have the veg selections mixed up mostly due to a staff member who told us it was his first day not having a clue how to operate the computerised system. Not his fault as he simply had not been trained properly.

My room (12) was on the top floor and unbearably hot with a window that would only open a few inches. Getting to and from it was a challenge as the signage is diabolical. Getting out in an emergency would have been a real problem! It was very noisy overlooking a busy road junction with no double glazing and curtains that where so badly fitted they exclude little light. Landings littered with laundry bags were very un inviting.

My first choice of table for breakfast was impossible to sit at as my legs simply would not fit below the frame of the table. The second had filthy chair covers. No hot food is served at breakfast, but the cold buffet has quite a good selection.

Outside the rubbish strewn around the car park along with the overgrown weed and litter infested gardens and hanging baskets all convey a "don't care" image that was confirmed by poorly trained staff, dirty chairs and cluttered landings.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Muddymike0
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We ate at the White Rabbit last year and noticed they had rooms so this time when we came to visit friends, we booked in at the inn. The location is ideal, 5 minutes walk to the town with free car parking. Our twin room was spacious and had lots of character with a little sitting area. The rooms overlook the sitting area at the front. We were warm in the room in spite of the radiators being off and it was a bit noisy with the window open but not annoyinglyso. We paid around £95 for the 2 of us for 2 nights with continental breakfast.
We ate at the White Rabbit Saturday lunchtime, Saturday evening and Sunday lunch with different groups of friends and were happy with the food and service. We were pleased we had made restaurant reservations as it was busy.
We would be happy to stay again, it was very convenient, worked out cheaper than Premier Inn and saved on taxi fares when we went out Friday evening as could walk.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6 - was spacious and had character. It was on first floor and I didn't see a lift so could be an issue for some people. The bar closes at 11pm but you can get in with electronic key fob any time.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family