“Pleasantly surprising from start to finish”
Review of Grange Moor Hotel

Grange Moor Hotel
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Rolling up outside it was nice to find a good sized hotel in a quiet suburban street, and a good large carpark. Free Wifi with several servers to choose from (although mine kept dropping out?) A clean small room with everything I needed. Pleasantly professional food etc, but the real surprise was next morning... The staff were talking about the most violent storm they'd ever witnessed, during the night. The ground was wet, sure enough, but I'd slept like a brick ! LOL
One final surprise, a young lad in an old mini let me out into traffic as soon as I turned out of the hotel and even at 9am my drive to Rochester was so quick my appointment agreed to see me early. How good was all that?!

Room Tip: Room ten was a small single overlooking the back garden, quiet, clean and functional, a shower that...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David S

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean and staff very friendly. Breakfast very nice.
Downsides were having to walk down the road for our room and shower not powerful only having small trickle of water. Only stayed one night so acceptable for the time there.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked this hotel and when we got there was sent 4 doors down the road. The lobby smelled and we felft as if we was not in a hotel but a hostel. My wife had a shower which was cold and only came out the centre not around the edges. and the towels were frayed. My problem was the soap. I do not want to use soap which someone else had already used. When we went to breakfast, toast was cold, bacon was cold. Orange juice was disgusting. We had to make our own tea and coffee. And service was extremely poor. This was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Grange M, Manager at Grange Moor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following from your recent stay. We have addressed the shower head that you mentioned and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, however I was disappointed to read your comments regarding certain aspects of your stay, you state that you had to use soap that someone else had used, I was very surprised by this comment, our soap is provided in dispensers which you access by pushing a button, the soap which is topped up regularly serves clean unused soap to every individual.

Please be rest assured that our breakfasts are usually served hot as we cook it to order. I am unsure why no comments were made to my breakfast team at the time. If it were found to be cold it would have been rectified immediately.

Please do not hesitate to contact me direct should you wish to discuss this further,

Director

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I chose the Grangmoor to celebrate our wedding day. We had been there for previous family functions and Christmas "dos" so knew the layout etc, but on meeting Chantelle on an off the cuff visit we booked up there and then. She made us feel so welcome and we knew we would be safe in her hands. It was the most stressfree wedding. The whole day was faultless and we had a supurb day. The staff were amazing; so friendly and accomodating. They decorated the room to our requirements and it looked fabulous. We had a sit down of 50 guests and the food was delicious and hot. The waiting staff were incredible and the day ran smoothly. The weather even held out for us to have some photos in the garden which was really pretty and well maintained. The evening was just as wonderful and the transition from wedding breakfast to disco venue happened without us even realising! Our room was lovely; some may say dated but I would say traditional. The champagne at 9am the following morning topped off a perfect day. Thanks to all at the Grangemoor - we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the honeymoon suite which had a perfect view of the garden. We had guests stay all ove...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your kind comments, we were delighted to host your wedding day and we are delighted that you and your guests had such a fabulous time!

It was our honour and pleasure, so thank you for choosing the Grange Moor Hotel.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel whilst visiting relatives. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. we needed a ground floor room and we had not stipulated this on our orginal booking but it was not a problem when we arrived and it was handled very efficently. Room was lovely bright and clean with all modern facilities beds very comfortable. Breakfast was great wide range on menu great value. Overall our stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank laura g

Thank you for the positive comments you left us following from your recent stay, my colleagues and I always take great motivation from such good comments, we are pleased you had a good experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future at the Grange Moor Hotel,

Director

Reviewed 9 July 2014

on arrival... the hotel receptionist was talking on the phone to another member of staff called Fiona...I stood there waiting to check in...but the receptionist obviously forgetting her customer service training and thinking her conversation was more important than me the paying customer having to wait continued to natter away for several minutes while I stood there waiting...eventually she managed to drag herself away from the riveting conversation...replaced the receiver...looked at me and said..."sorry to keep you waiting" ??.. really !... sorry !... had I not been tired...thirsty...and in need of a shower I might have been in the frame of mind to berate her...and go stay somewhere else.....however... things got better....the room.. number 27 is a bit laura ashley....but spotlessly clean...comfy 4 poster bed....weak shower but plenty of hot water....kettle...biscuits....tv...etc....all very satisfactory for £60+ a night.
dinner was excellent...catch of the day...cheese and biscuits...2 very attentive waitresses/barmaids......breakfast was hot and speedily served....wifi is good and free...parking is plentiful and free...would i stay here again...yes probably...

Room Tip: 27 was ok....quiet..on the first floor...view over the garden
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here as it was near a friend's house, but it is also very handy to walk into Maidstone if you're after bars and restaurants. We weren't staying in the main building, but were across the road in basically a large converted house. Not a problem and our family room was very big, but the whole place felt very dated and in need of a serious re-decoration. We also had no hot water and after calling we waited 30 minutes for assistance by which time we had to leave. However, the next morning we did have hot water. Breakfast was pleasant. I don't think, overall, it was worth £79, but perhaps having breakfast included makes it ok value as many hotels charge extra for that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family