All reviews shower room wedding reception an enjoyable stay full english wedding venue town centre four poster bed one night stay bar area chantelle function carvery
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Stayed for 1 night and stopped for dinner at the hotel. the menu was good the food was even better, the breakfast was freshly cooked and good as well. The hotel is a bit on the old side however that was overlooked by the very good and friendly staff. the room was clean the bed was o.k. the bathroom was clean and the water was hot, The whole hotel just needs a bit of T.L.C. The only negative was the heating in the room and lounge area in the room the heating did not come on until 6'0'Clock so the room did not warm up till very late and as I arrived at 3 the room was cold so I could not relax and watch a bit of T.V. before dinner.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2017

There were 7 of us staying because of a family funeral. Check in was easy with a friendly face greeting you. All clearly explained at check in too.

Our room was small, but certainly adequate. It was clean and everything worked at it should.

The real gem of this hotel is their dining staff and their food (chef must be really into doing it right). We had 5 breakfasts and 4 dinners here and everything was above average for any hotel we have ever stayed. There are lots of places to eat in Maidstone but we kept coming back for dinner.

Other reviews mention noise. Our room was unfortunately fairly near a back entrance. One night people staying let others in this back door and caused problems with noise, smoking (it is a smoke free hotel) and in room drinking. Management dealt with this issue very severely and that was appreciated.

When leaving we all agreed we would stay again if in Maidstone. Hard to get us to agree like that to much, so a good sign.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We stayed due to attending a function there and did not want to drive home. The staff were the best thing about this hotel. Friendly warm and helpful and made us feel very welcome. We had a twin bedded room overlooking the gardens at the back and the room although a bit dated was fine for what we wanted. The bed I slept in was really comfortable and the bathroom was fairly modern and large. We ate at the function and the food was lovley. Breakfast was not the best I have ever had but then I was jaded from the night before so that may be unfair but not the best selection on the buffet table to start with. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night in September. My lasting memory is being woken up early because of the doors near my room banging every time they closed. Not a peaceful sleep because of that. Room itself was fine - nothing remarkable but not as bad as some of the reviews. We were in the main bit of the hotel. Breakfast was nice and served quickly with a few options. Reception area is cramped but he staff were lovely and helpful. Nothing remarkable but not bad either.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We arrived and saw the filthy carpet in the main reception and that started warning bells in my mind. I was put in the annex which was across the road and few blocks down, while my travelling companion was accomodated in the main building - we might just as well have booked separate hotels! There is no lift and the stair carpet is theadbare in the annex. My room was of good size and basic but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Television was very small. There was no handle on one of the windows so it could not be closed properly, so there was a draught and quite noisey. The decor needs updating and it felt a bit like granny's bedroom. If you are looking for a buisnessman's type hotel, then this one is not for you. Luckily the staff are very friendly and helpful which made up for the hotel room and the poor quality breakfast.

Date of stay: October 2017