“Music night california dreaming”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #75 of 319 Restaurants in Maidstone
Price range: US$17 - US$64
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Music night california dreaming”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I visited pizza express with friends in Maidstone on the 12/07/14 whilst the overall experience was great i feel i have to point out the excessive cost of the food and drink,whilst a bottle of wine at£19.95 is acceptable a large glass of Sauvignon blanc priced at £8.20 is a little excessive to say the least.
£12 for a small risotto and £5.95 for a small salad starter again is over priced.
Large bottle 660mm of Peroni lager £6.95, again a little excessive to say the least.
The total food and drinks bill came to £160.00 inc tips for 2 courses with no deserts but two coffees,this does not include the £80.00 for the table.
Music was great so no complaints there.
so overall for a night out at Pizza express the cost for the 4 of us was £240

• Visited July 2014

“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Recently visited here with the wife whilst staying in Maidstone for a couple of days, my first thoughts were what an attractive little restaurant in a quirky setting.

Service was friendly and food was great, we were very satisfied and would recommend to others.

West Malling, United Kingdom
“Good old Pizza Express”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Pizza Express is one of my favourite chains. Whilst always offering the same menu each restaurant seems to have its very own unique style and atmosphere. Maidstone's Pizza Express is no exception. It is huge and seating is available on 3 floors but it tends to be the ground floor only that is used. This is not one of those converted bank places but the building origins clearly have some history with nooks and crannies but an overall atmosphere in the main dining area of light and bright open plan. Friends tell me that the restaurant is part of a very popular jazz scene and there are many adverts for weekend concerts. Haven't tried any of these but they do look good.

Visited April 2014
“Disappointed with waitresses recommendation!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Visited tonight and was recommended by the waitress to choose the 'new' Emilia pizza. Looked good on menu, but was horrible. Very oily and tasted strange....still have the taste in my mouth after brushing my teeth. Only ate a quarter of the pizza. Told the young lad it was too oily who cleared the table. The waitress surprisingly did not ask me if I everything was fine.....just interested in me settling the bill very quickly.

Beware of recommendations....I feel that the staff should seek feedback if a customer has obviously left their meal. Very disappointed as I am a frequent diner and never had such service in the past.

Carol Burman

• Visited May 2014
Maidstone, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointed”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I visited here last night and to be honest i was a little disappointed. Firstly i had to ask for a highchair and ask for children's menus yet i had young children with me.
I wanted to order a salad and was told they were out of salad so settled for a chicken dish, my children's pizzas were lacking cheese so i had to ask for more cheese - they looked like tomato paste on bread. The waitress however was fantastic and couldn't do enough to please. She tried to recommend alternatives for me as i have to have a special diet and she made sure my children's pizzas were changed admitting they were lacking cheese. She was apologetic about it and efficient overall.

I have always loved pizza express but i can't justify the bill at the end when i am only ' half happy with the food'. The ambience was rather business like too and too many business types making me feel uncomfortable for taking my children out for a celebratory birthday meal. I had booked in advance and told the restaurant it was my childs birthday, i took a cake in but wasn't offered to bring it in after the meal so we took it home and sang happy birthday at home.

Will i go back? maybe but not with my children. It seemed they were not the family friendly place i hoped they were.

• Visited April 2014