“Not the best setting but everything else makes up for it!”
Review of The Gurkha Kitchen

The Gurkha Kitchen
Ranked #39 of 353 Restaurants in Maidstone
Description: The Gurkha Kitchen gives you an authentic selection of Nepalese and Indian. Our aim is to provide genuine and authentic Nepalese and Indian to our customers at reasonable rates. Have a takeaway tonight, delivered by our friendly staff straight to your door.
Reviewed 20 January 2018

We only discovered this restaurant recently but have made sure to visit several times since then! The fact that it is full or busy whenever you go is a good sign.
The staff are professional,helpful, friendly and attentive but not over the top.
The menu is not overly long which immediately takes away the"frozen to fryer" concern! The food is EXCELLENT and the naan bread the best we've ever tasted.
Takeaway is an option but the whole restaurant experience is so good we simply eat there!

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Had takeaways previously as new to the area. Decided to eat in for a change. It was a Thursday evening the restaurant is warm & welcoming as are the staff. Great service food was excellent & the house red delicious. Good value as well. Thank you Gurkha we will return.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t booked when we visited here but it was quite quiet and we got a table straight away. I was a bit disappointed that there were lots of free tables towards the back but we were seated near the door and I was cold the whole time with people regularly coming in and out.
We ordered quickly but it took quite a long time for the starters to arrive although they were very tasty.
The main course then arrived quicker but they’d brought me the wrong rice and my main dish was not very hot.
I gave my main back to be kept hot whilst I waited for my correct rice and it was hotter when it came back fortunately.
All in all it was nice food and reasonable prices so we would go back but there are regular comments on here about incorrect orders so perhaps the management need to review their ordering system .
I will mention parking as well. You have to pay to park as the restaurant is in the station car park but if you get a space directly outside the restaurant or put a menu in the window it is apparently free.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We had the lovely momo’s, onion bhaji and hariyali for starters. The butter chicken was authentic and even the sag paneer side dish was outstanding! Will pop in again next time on our way to the Dover ferries!!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We had not booked a table but as we arrived at 18.10. we thought we would have little problem. We have eaten here before and found it GREAT but.....
we ordered our drinks and starters about 18.20, but it was clear there were issues as very little food was coming out of the kitchen. we waited and waited and at 19.30 we asked what was going on and where was our starters. 5 minutes later starters arrived but they were not we ordered. By this time the restaurant was full and very few people had food. We decided to leave and try and find somewhere else. .. ended up with rubbish take away chinese!!!
Pity as clearly there were major issues. We will go again as normally it is great. Perhaps the owner could put a reply as a form of explanation.

1  Thank Mike D
Thegurkhakitche... N, Manager at The Gurkha Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Mike D good evening,

Thank you for leaving review in TripAdvisor.
Firstly, I would like to wish you very happy New Year 2018. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused. Due to high volume of orders coming thro' and the number of staff, off sick, It was very hard to cope. I knew it's not your problem but our member of staff on the floor and in the kitchen tried their best but still the service /food lacking on time.

When you visit us next time please address your past experience, to Sam or Bishwa , we will rectify issue. Thank you