“All round good hotel and spa”

Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The hotel is a spa hotel, and many people seemed to be having spa treatments so the area became busy and overcrowded. The treatments themselves however were great. The pool area has a small standard pool, a jacuzzi and also a larger plunge pool with various waterfalls and jets of water, which was fun. As another review said gym is small but fairly normal for a hotel of this size.

Hotel has a reasonable sized bar, and of course a restaurant. Dinner is on the expensive side, and we were disappointed with the ravioli starter (pasta overcooked, sauce disappointing) but the mixed grill main course was excellent with fresh tasty grilled meats. Service was great with no delays. Breakfast was good with quality ingredients.

We stayed in a Luxury King Room, which required leaving the main building to access it. The room itself was large, as was the bathroom which had a separate shower, which was much better than an in-the-bath type. Room itself had desk and separate sofa, and a big comfortable bed. Nicely decorated and finished.

Free WiFi worked thoughtout the hotel (which is a change from some hotels) and didn't need a log on which again was refreshing.

One point to note regarding booking - I booked online directly with the hotel and noticed the website had automatically added Flexi Cover (some kind of insurance) to my booking. I didn't want this so unticked it - but not everyone may notice this so take care with this.

2  Thank Mark_Cowell
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and constructive feedback following your recent stay here at Rowhill Grange.

Please accept my apologies for the quality of your starter. I have noted your comments about the Lobster Ravioli and will raise these with the Head Chef.

I was very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay with us and to read your positive remarks about the quality and finish of your accommodation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowhill Grange soon.

James

Write a ReviewReviews (1,716)

Reviewed 28 February 2013

My husband booked us a night at Rowhill after seeing the lovely picture of their Master suites. The first 2 rooms according to the description had a bath and sounded lovely. All the suites are priced the same.
The room was not ready when we arrived and they kindly advised us that we could have a late check out due to this which we both felt was a nice touch.
However when we checked in we found that we had been roomed in the rose suite which was without the bath and also the smallest of the 3 rooms.
I am very disappointed that the price of the rooms is the same but they differ so much. I think they should be more appropriately priced. Having stayed at The ritz, The four Seasons and The Dorchester in the past for a little more then the price we paid at Rohwill Grange Hotel,I was definetly expecting something of the similar room standards.
Have to say staff are lovely and was the service but let down by the room and what the picture show.
The bed was so small, as my husband is quite tall to say it was an uncomfortable night for him is an understatement!
The breakfast was not great either! It was continental. Now you'd expect fresh orange juice, it wasn't. More like from concentrate. Also we ordered for 2 and were given 2 slices of toast and 2 pain au chocolate. After calling down, they then brought up the rest of it apologising for the confusion!
Have to say I would not recommend this with any enthusiasm.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent overnight stay at Rowhill Grange.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you have detailed in relation to the size of our “Rose Suite”. We do place full descriptions of all Master Suites on our website and room features are also described to customers when placing their reservations. I would like to assure you I have taken your comments about the pricing of our Suites on board and will be reviewing this within the next month.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments about the staff and customer service received whilst you were with us.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

My son and daughter in law recently treated myself and my wife to an afternoon tea at the Rowhill Grange Hotel 3 weeks ago and it was a delightful experience. From the moment we arrived we were treated well which was complimented by an excellent selection of various sandwiches, cakes and jam and cream scones......deliciously hot and tasty. Sitting by the large front window gave us a warm and cosy feel looking out over the wintery scenes of the lovely gardens. The food, the staffs attention to detail and the general ambience made for a thoroughly relaxing and memorable afternoon which we will always remember and recommened .

3  Thank dai44

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of Afternoon Tea here at Rowhill Grange.

We pride ourselves on our service and the quality of our food offering and I was delighted to read how pleased you were with all these aspects of your afternoon with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Although i stayed at this hotel on business , i have found it to be one of the most relaxing hotels i have stayed at. It not only has a suberb spa and leisure facility attached but the staff and general ambience make for a very informal relaxing atmoshere . The hotel is in the middle of acres of perfect countryside which allows you to forget for a short time that you are just outside London and all the hustle, bustle and industry that goes with that location. I have visited this hotel on 3 occasions and have yet to be dissapointed. Each time i stayed it was in the winter months so i am hopeful to see this hotel in all its glory in the summer. Drinks are abit pricey but still the overall experience is Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank rollo2522

Dear rollo2522,

Thank you very much for posting your review of your latest stay with us.

I was delighted to read your comments about the ambience and atmosphere within the hotel and to receive such positive feedback about the staff here at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the summer!

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We booked in for a spa tea for Valentines day and as it was a late booking we did not expect to get what we required. To our amazement we did ( we only booked late pm on the 13thFeb)
We both ad treatments which were great and we were very well looked after by the spa receptionists. Our time in the spa area pool etc were also very relaxing.
The TEA however was a little disappointing as it was almost 'you only here for tea' type situation.
It took an age for our order to be taken and another age for the tea and cakes to arrive.
The food was okay but the carrot cake was stale.
As the staff seemed preoccupied and difficult to get there attention we did not say anything but just left, there was not even a goodbye sir/madam.
It was a bit of a disappointment to a wonderful experience.

3  Thank roygarland

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent day with us.

I was pleased to read about how much you enjoyed the Spa and Treatments and how good the customer service from the team in the Spa was.

Please accept my apologies for your experience with Afternoon Tea. I am very sorry for the lack of attention and care you received that afternoon. Please accept my reassurances that your comments will be discussed and addressed with the relevant Departmental Managers.

I do hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and if there is anything further I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Reviewed 23 February 2013

My Wife treated us to a Spa Day at The Rowhill Grange a few weeks ago, and we both highly enjoyed it.

Despote the cold weater outside we were greated with a warm welcome and briefed about the facilities and the location of the Spa etc.

After our treatments we enjoyed a lovely lunch, a swim, sauna, steam room and a jacuzzi ! A lovely way to spend an aftrenoon.

Before we headed howme we opted for the afternoon tea package which was once again very good.

Overall a great day out with good Spa facilities, helpful staff and great food !

We would go back in a flash

3  Thank adie106

Dear adie 106,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent Spa Day with us.

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the Spa and Treatments and to see your positive comments about the quality of our food offering.

I was particularly pleased to read your kind comments about the welcome received from the team and will ensure they are all made aware of your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowhill Grange & Utopia Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We decided to visit Rowhill for a birthday lunch and we could not have been more disappointed in the whole experience. Rowhill has a very good reputation, I am very surprised people are still giving such glowing reviews. To start with I think the decoration and furnishing are far from cosy, I did not feel anywhere special at all, we felt like we was sat in a doctors waiting room and a dated one at that. We ordered from the menu which had a range of dishes including curry, pasta, burgers again nothing special. We decided to opt for a light lunch and ordered sandwiches. Each sandwich costs £7.50 which is fairly pricey. We can honestly say we have not eaten such a disgusting sandwich, the quality reminded me of a sandwich from a petrol garage. The goats cheese and pepper panini was ice cold and the presentation was awful, it was sent back to the kitchen. The coronation chicken was also exceptionally cold as if it had been frozen and again the quality, taste and presentation was all very poor. The coronation chicken was dry and tasteless, the lettuce on the side had the tinest amount of dressing on it and a few crisps accompanied the sandwich. We was offered 20% off of bill. I would not recommend to eating at Rowhill and I think they seriously need to up their standards if they want to keep the reputation that they have. We left feeling bitterly disappointed from our experience and will not be returning. To be charging the prices they are they need to deliver the goods and I'm afraid to say that they are far from doing that. It's not difficult to produce tasty sandwiches with fresh ingredients.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jodie0

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.

I’m sorry the décor was not to your liking, but am afraid I do not agree with your comment about the hotel feeling like a Doctor’s waiting room.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you have detailed in terms of the quality of the lunch on the day of your visit. Having received your comments I have spoken with our Head Chef, who would like to be associated with my apology.

I am glad the team looking after you that day were able to offer you an appropriate reduction against your bill, but recognise your dissatisfaction with your experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to our attention.

James

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
3 mi away
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bexleyheath

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!