“Great hotel for some rest & relaxation!”

Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My partner and I stayed at Rowhill Grange for a weekend get away. We found the staff very pleasant, helpful and friendly. Beautiful setting, has great views. We enjoyed relaxing in the spa - just what the doctor ordered!! We found the food to be exceptional. We will definitely be staying again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Cooperl1301
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Cooperl1301,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent review of Rowhill Grange & Utopia Spa.

We were delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and I was particularly pleased to read such positive comments about the food and service.

I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I just come back from a weekend stay and having been on many such weekends, I have to say it's pretty average considering the prices they charge. 5 star prices for a 4 star experience and would not consider it a luxury boutique hotel at all! The spa looks and was nice, but again the treatment was very very average and not cheap. I always feel let down when the therapists are just average at giving massages. The hotel is very nice but a bit dated and in need of some money being thrown at it as some parts feel more like a 3 star hotel at best, although it gives the feel of a 'lovely old hotel'. Beware of the standard double room, because believe me you get a double bed and no more. I've not slept in a double bed for years so to come away on a spa weekend and end up sleeping in a smaller bed than what you've got at home feels a bit cheap to me. The rooms are also not air con so like the previous review we too were in the Iris room and it was roasting and not even hot outside. The fan they give you is a very strange piece of it, almost like an industrial one and very old and noisey. No complimentary bottle of water and no mini bar, so not sure if we just got stitched up on the room or if all rooms were like that. The food at dinner was very good but like the drinks, overpriced for the experience you get. Staff very good and friendly though. There's not much of a bar and I thought this is an area (like the main restaurant) that a little more thought could go into as it's just ok, and nothing more. All in all it felt like I had paid for a 5 star hotel but come away feeling ripped off. The phrase 'could do better' seems very apt. Won't be coming back here but would be keen to see what the sister hotel Alexander House is like as it's meant to be better, but if it's got the same lazy attitude as here has got, then maybe it too will feel a bit of a let down.

Room Tip: Don't take the Iris Room. Also standard double is exactly that so beware as it's a bit of a...

Dear spongeyLondon,

Thank you for taking the time for posting your recent review of Rowhill Grange.

I was obviously disappointed to hear you were unhappy with your room. Whilst none of our rooms have a mini-bar, I was very sorry to learn no water was placed in your room. You should have received this and I will be addressing this point with our Housekeeper. I was also sorry to hear that the fan provided was not effective. I have looked at this item and will be replacing it as a matter of urgency.

I would also like to thank you for your other constructive feedback and kind comments about the food and service in the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

From start to finish we felt well looked after and nothing was too much trouble for the hard working staff. Suffian, the bar manager was service personified. We could not have asked for more. Politeness and a prompt response to any and every request was so refreshing. Reception staff were equally welcoming and responsive to our requests. The food was exquisite and the relaxed nature of our stay means that we will certainly return within the near future. Thank you. J & E T

4  Thank Bernard F

Dear Bernard F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of Rowhill Grange on Trip Advisor.

We were thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and I will ensure Suffian is made aware of your kind comments.

Once again, thank you for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Not bad for the price- £17.95 per person for their standard afternoon tea. Very nice grounds. We were just here for this meal and not staying overnight. The ladies loo nearest the restaurant where afternoon tea was served only has one loo, literally just one. We were then told there were more loos in another part of the hotel nearer the lobby but this does seem silly given how it's not a small hotel.
We enquired as to spa days and to be honest the prices put us off- £100 just to access the spa at the weekend without any treatments seems a lot. Also having looked at the room rates, especially at the weekend, £360 a night is very steep. You can get a night at Claridges for the same money!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank WestLondonLals
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel about 6 years ago and decided to return as it was so good the last time. We really enjoyed staying here again this time staying in the Iris bedroom for a night.
The spa facilities are great, the service is great are the surroundings.
The only issues I would point out are that the drinks are extremely expensive and for some reason our room was extremely hot. The heating wasn't on but there seemed to be a very hot floor and even with the windows open on a cold night the heat was almost unbearable. This unfortunately did tarnish our experience on this occasion.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DarylJamesLyon

Dear DarylJamesLyon,

Thank you very much for posting your review of Rowhill Grange.

Whilst I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, I was very sorry about the temperature issue in your room. Having received your feedback, I will be addressing this feedback with our Maintenance team.

If there is anything I can be of assistance with, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is the second time my wife and I have been to this establishment for afternoon tea, both times with a voucher that were presents for a birthday and Christmas. The staff are polite, the finger sandwiches, cakes and scones are tasty, and the surroundings, whether it is on the terrace or inside, are pleasant. We upgraded the meal with glasses of their nice house champagne, as you can upgrade the basic afternoon tea to the others on the menu. My wife and I plan to come back here later in the year. What more can I say...

4  Thank David A
Reviewed 10 May 2014

booked this for 2 nights for the wifes birthday,as if you book 1 you only get between 3 and 11 so a bit pointless
we ate in the restaurant on the first night..main course,dessert and 1 bottle of beer and a coke for £86 I found a bit extreme
the food was ok,but nothing special
afternoon tea was nice,but again £40 for a couple of sandwiches and a few cakes is extortionate
was asked if we wanted tea or coffee at breakfast. after 5 minutes we asked someone else who promptly turned up with it
spa was ok but nothing special,but we have stayed at aqua sana at centre parcs and that is hard to live up to
room was baking hot,and you could only open the window fully,not partially,giving a bad nights sleep

1  Thank dave r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!