“Faultless staff”

Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My partner and I booked an Afternoon tea at Rowhill. Initially I had to cancel the original booking for my birthday due to a bereavement, however, when I tried to re-schedule it was another 2 months until the next available booking which was slightly annoying.

This was my first time to the hotel and it's a hidden beauty.

The tea room is in a seperate room from the restaurant, which meant that wasn't much of an atmosphere in the room, whereas the restaurant had better ambience and had some music playing. One suggestion is that some quiet background music could be played in the tea room as it was a little too intimate, with other table's conversations being overheard.

The actual afternoon tea was nice. The staff were really courteous and prompt. However, we never had the different food explained to us. The variety of tea's were nice, but again, a brief description of the tea's on the menu would be helpful as it wasn't very clear from the menu.

All in all a nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank xxljpxx
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience of Afternoon Tea here at Rowhill Grange.

I am very sorry we had no availability when trying to reschedule your booking. Our Afternoon Tea offering is very popular and we do get booked up many weeks in advance.

I agree entirely with your comments about background music and the lack of explanation about the content of the Afternoon Tea. I will be addressing these comments with our Food & Beverage Manager to ensure we are covering this every single time we serve Afternoon Tea.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback and if there is anything further I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to Rowhill Grange on a future occasion.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed on their Sunday Night Spa Escape deal for a birthday, from the moment we arrived we were looked after and the service was excellent. I had ordered some flowers in advance and they were in the room as requested and were a lovely bunch! The spa area is excellent and relaxing, loads of space and different pools to use. The deal comes with £60 credit to use at the hotel on food, and we had a couple of snacks as well as ate at RG's restaurant which was really exceptional. The food was excellent, service attentive and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The room was a good size and breakfast the following morning was good although they ran out of muffins to have with the eggs, which was a shame! We both used our treatments that came with the deal but my only qualm was that there was no choice for treatments, so we both had a back, neck and shoulders massage as well as a facial, out of choice I would have given up my facial for a longer back, neck and shoulders massage or alternative.

Other than that thoroughly enjoyed our time and would happily return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank David L

Dear David L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent review of Rowhill Grange & Utopia Spa.

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and to receive your comments about the food & service from the team here at the hotel.

I have noted your feedback about treatments and will be discussing your review with our Spa Manager.

We hope we are able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a lovely evening at Rowhill Grange. The food and service was fantastic. We would like to thank all the staff. We would like to mention John who was great. Thank you to everyone involved in our evening it was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank KatieCrawley

Dear Katie Crawley,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of Rowhill Grange on Trip Advisor.

We were thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed yourselves and very much hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We chose Rowhill Grange as I was given a gift of Afternoon Tea as a Christmas gift but we decided to make a weekend of it and book a room for a night too and it was perfect! The cakes were delicious, beautifully presented and the waiters attentive and helpful, we were shown to our room which was Iris and it again was beautiful! The pool and jacuzzi was very relaxing and most of the time we were the only people in there. To make our weekend even better my now fiancé 'popped the question' during our stay in the grounds.

A perfect weekend away!

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank xxbecca17

Dear xxbecca17,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of Rowhill Grange on Trip advisor.

The team and I were delighted to hear your news and would like to pass on our congratulations on your engagement!

I understand the team have already been in touch to see if there is anything we can do to help with your Wedding plans and if there is anything further I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My partner and I stayed at Rowhill Grange for a weekend get away. We found the staff very pleasant, helpful and friendly. Beautiful setting, has great views. We enjoyed relaxing in the spa - just what the doctor ordered!! We found the food to be exceptional. We will definitely be staying again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Cooperl1301

Dear Cooperl1301,

We were delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and I was particularly pleased to read such positive comments about the food and service.

I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I just come back from a weekend stay and having been on many such weekends, I have to say it's pretty average considering the prices they charge. 5 star prices for a 4 star experience and would not consider it a luxury boutique hotel at all! The spa looks and was nice, but again the treatment was very very average and not cheap. I always feel let down when the therapists are just average at giving massages. The hotel is very nice but a bit dated and in need of some money being thrown at it as some parts feel more like a 3 star hotel at best, although it gives the feel of a 'lovely old hotel'. Beware of the standard double room, because believe me you get a double bed and no more. I've not slept in a double bed for years so to come away on a spa weekend and end up sleeping in a smaller bed than what you've got at home feels a bit cheap to me. The rooms are also not air con so like the previous review we too were in the Iris room and it was roasting and not even hot outside. The fan they give you is a very strange piece of it, almost like an industrial one and very old and noisey. No complimentary bottle of water and no mini bar, so not sure if we just got stitched up on the room or if all rooms were like that. The food at dinner was very good but like the drinks, overpriced for the experience you get. Staff very good and friendly though. There's not much of a bar and I thought this is an area (like the main restaurant) that a little more thought could go into as it's just ok, and nothing more. All in all it felt like I had paid for a 5 star hotel but come away feeling ripped off. The phrase 'could do better' seems very apt. Won't be coming back here but would be keen to see what the sister hotel Alexander House is like as it's meant to be better, but if it's got the same lazy attitude as here has got, then maybe it too will feel a bit of a let down.

Room Tip: Don't take the Iris Room. Also standard double is exactly that so beware as it's a bit of a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear spongeyLondon,

Thank you for taking the time for posting your recent review of Rowhill Grange.

I was obviously disappointed to hear you were unhappy with your room. Whilst none of our rooms have a mini-bar, I was very sorry to learn no water was placed in your room. You should have received this and I will be addressing this point with our Housekeeper. I was also sorry to hear that the fan provided was not effective. I have looked at this item and will be replacing it as a matter of urgency.

I would also like to thank you for your other constructive feedback and kind comments about the food and service in the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

From start to finish we felt well looked after and nothing was too much trouble for the hard working staff. Suffian, the bar manager was service personified. We could not have asked for more. Politeness and a prompt response to any and every request was so refreshing. Reception staff were equally welcoming and responsive to our requests. The food was exquisite and the relaxed nature of our stay means that we will certainly return within the near future. Thank you. J & E T

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bernard F

Dear Bernard F,

We were thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and I will ensure Suffian is made aware of your kind comments.

Once again, thank you for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

James

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!