“Perfect relaxing break”

Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
“Perfect relaxing break”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife & I decided we needed a couple of days to relax & get away from our daily routines.
We chose Rowhill grange as we have previously visited a sister hotel, Alexander house.

We knew from friends that have previously been to Alexander house ,that the Utopia Spa is truly superb.
Rowhill grange is located in a beautiful setting amongst 15 acres of land close to Dartford.
It's a lovely building which has been beautifully extended over the years by its current owners who we found out were previously interior designers. Quite apparent!!

We arrived a little early so my wife & I had some lunch in the bar area.
After lunch we checked in & were shown up to our room by John, the porter who I must say would fit in nicely in one of the top London hotels, as nothing was too much trouble for him & very helpful & courteous.

Our room was wonderful,spacious & very clean, as one would expect.
My only criticism if only minor, is the lighting in the room.
The bed side light only stays on if the main lights are on!!
Easily rectified by an electrician!!

As I said, a minor observation which had no reflection on the rest of the room.

The Utopia Spa is a truly wonderful experience. Totally relaxing and fabulous decor throughout.
The facilities are superb, the nicest we have experienced for some time.

Though out the whole stay, all the staff were very friendly, with a big thank you to Marvin in the RG restaurant.

We will most certainly return to Rowhill Grange.

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms are on equal measures, our room was the Wild rose!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank chunky310
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear chunky310,

Thank you very much for your review of Rowhill Grange.

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for your positive feedback about John and Marvin and will ensure they are both made aware of your review.

James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Took my mother here for a birthday treat this week. I booked through Virgin gift experiences. On arrival the grounds are pretty impressive, a long driveway, lovely gardens and the old manor house. We were greeted by a receptionist in the spa who explained how the day worked and shown the changing rooms. These were pretty basic and not quite what I had expected. The pools were lovely and warm and we enjoyed a swim, sauna and various whirl pools, which very relaxing. We then through to lunch (which most did in their robes). My lunch of salmon fish cake with asparagus was lovely but mums Caesar salad was bland and uninteresting. We didn't fancy going back in the water after lunch so went for a walk in the serenity garden where we found some loungers and sat for a while. This is a lovely place, it's not cheap but a nice treat for an occasion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Amanda C
Dear Amanda C,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback following your recent Spa Day with us here at Rowhill Grange & Utopia Spa.

I was sorry to hear your Mothers salad was somewhat underwhelming and will certainly take this constructive feedback back to our Chef.

Thank you very much for your other positive comments and I do hope I am able to welcome you back to Rowhill Grange in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a table in the restaurant for Mother's Day to have some afternoon tea. We booked the one where children could attend too. There was a magician (who was awful) but the kids loved it. The sandwiches, cakes and scones were all delicious and the children's serving was more than enough for two children! Was truly a lovely afternoon for all the family. Staff were also very welcoming and friendly.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank EmmaJadey
Dear Emma Jadey,

Thank you very much for your review of Mothering Sunday Afternoon Tea here at Rowhill Grange.

We were delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the afternoon and to read such positive feedback about the quality of our food offering.

I very much hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

A fantastic time we had at Rowhill on Saturday. I'm so glad we came and saw what Rowhill Grange had to offer in all its glory.
The staff were excellent and they made myself and my partner feel very welcome.
The Spa Facilities are very good and not too busy, just right!
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and very well kept.
In particular I would like to thank Andrew the restaurant manager for a fantastic service and for making us feel very comfortable. He has a great approach and a real genuine manner towards the diners which made us enjoy the fantastic food even more.
All in all a great weekend, Thank you Rowhill Grange.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ANDY P
Dear ANDY P,

Thank you very much for posting your review of Rowhill Grange & Utopia Spa.

I was very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and to read your comments about Andrew, who is a real credit to the hotel. Please be assured that I will be sharing the content of your review with him.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic time can't fault it at all very good food great service and the suite was amazing! The spa is something special and very relaxing. Very quiet and relaxing there is nothing bad to say about rowhill grange and the gardens are spectacular

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jamie G
Dear Jamie G,

Thank you very much for posting your recent review of Rowhill Grange & Utopia Spa.

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and to receive your feedback about the grounds, which really are looking spectacular at this time of year. Please be assured that I will be sharing your kind words with our Gardener, who will be thrilled.

We hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at rowhill grange at the weekend and both me and my partner really enjoyed the stay the room was spacious very comfortable and also primarily relaxing. The hotel grounds are well maintained and are kept to high standards, for those people writing negative reviews my advice is stay at a premier inn as me and my partner had no problems either with price or service, quick check in and straight to spa facilities which are very good. The service at this hotel is high standard and the treatments are reasonably priced we both will be returning v soon and to anybody planning to come here u wont regret it well unless u fall into the premier inn category, so enjoy.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Dan C
Dear Dan C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of Rowhill Grange & Utopia Spa.

I was delighted to hear how much you both enjoyed your stay with us and to receive such positive feedback about the Spa and service.

Best regards

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Lots of hens visited Rowhill Grange last Sunday to have afternoon tea to celebrate with the bride to be for her forthcoming wedding. It's a lovely place to hold such an occasion. Beautiful grounds. We were in a private area of the conservatory and also had a reserved area outside as the weather was so lovely. They cater for 3 afternoon teas - afternoon tea, chocolate afternoon tea and champagne afternoon tea. So many lovely sandwiches, cakes and scones. You won't be able to eat them all. So take them home for later. Very good value for money. The staff couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Pat H
Dear Pat H,

Thank you so much for posting your recent review of Afternoon Tea here at Rowhill Grange.

I was delighted to hear how well the hen celebrations went and to read such positive feedback about the quality of food and service from the team.

James
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!