“Great spa and lovely hotel all round” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa

Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
London
“Great spa and lovely hotel all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2010

Never written a review before but my wife and i loved our stay. Spas can be hit and miss but this one had great spa facilities, new, clean and good quality steam room, sauna, hydrotherapy pool and main pool and very well designed and decorated.

Rest of hotel matched that with clean, large, character rooms, good service. Food portions could have been larger but good quality.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jimzhuxi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
North Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2010

I booked a one nights stay through LateRooms.com and got a really good deal (£85 rather than the usual £250 per night). Once booked, I decided to have a quick look on Trip Advisor as I usually do and was horrified to see such negative reviews considering the 4-Star status and price of the hotel. Granted, the normal price per night is excessive and I wouldn't, as a rule, book anything that costs so much. However, I certainly didn't experience the same as a lot of other visitors, albeit I appreciate that everyone's view is different and that is what we have to remember when looking at TripAdvisor. The check-in and check-out was friendly and efficient, the room (named Tiger Lily) was plush, spacious and very comfortable (even if a little warm) and it was the little extras that I found nice. Such as a personally addressed letter welcoming me to the hotel; the room being made ready for bed whilst I was eating in the bar lounge (bottle of water, curtains closed, a lovely poem being left on the pillow). The power shower is the most powerful shower I have ever been in. All of the staff were very polite, friendly and efficient and made sure that I was being looked after properly. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to visit the Spa. The only one complaint I have is that the bread used for the sandwich I had was a little stale and there wasn't much salmon filling but as I was given a 20% discount voucher, I didn't bother complaining. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anni1609
daRTFORD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2010

We stayed at Rowhill Grange last week and found it one of the very best hotels we visited in the last few years. The experience started from the booking which was so straight forward and friendly, to checking in to the newly refurbished bedroom which was an absolute dream, clean and vibrant. We then checked out the Utopia spa, I was told it won the hotel spa of the year for 2008 and I didnt doubt it the reception, pool, treatments and staff were definitely 4 star standard - The food which was to die for and whole experience definitely redcharged my battaries - I will be back!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank BECCABOOA
kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

My friend had her wedding reception here a couple of years ago and I had seen the pictures and spoken to her and I thought this would be a lovely place to take my daughter to celebrate her 21st birthday as a treat plus booked some treatments in the spa, my sister also came along. Although we thoroughly enjoyed spending some quality time together the actual experience of staying here was a disappointment. We stayed in a Junior Suite (costing £510.00 for one night!!!). Simple things like there not being toilet paper and having to call to request some and the fact that we could write our names in the dust on the top of the head board to the bed were not things we were expecting! My sister had the sofa bed and spent an uncomfortable night feeling all the springs in the same. My daughter woke up with a back ache - although I found my bed to very comfortable. Our view out of the window was a brick wall of another building. We did not think that appropriate for a Junior Suite. We suffered major condensation problems from the windows so much so that my daughter who had put her big woollen scarf in the bay window over night found part of it completely soaked the next morning. The afternoon tea we booked was expensive for what it was. The bread to a couple of the sandwiches were dry. The cakes consisted of a piece of christmas cake, a piece of stollen and another small cake). The hotel itself was very cold and we were not the only ones to notice this. The meal in the Elements Restaurant was fine. Another point is that rather than wait to ask for the bill or for things to be put on our hotel bill the staff would keep coming up and asking for payment which was slightly annoying. We were staying at the hotel and were hardly going to do a runner. My daughter loved her full body massage but she said the free head, neck and shoulder massage was very poor. We had to query a few things on the bill that were added and had to be taken off. It cost an awful lot of money and I cannot see that the whole experience was worth it. My daughter went to London and stayed in another substantial hotel in Central London with her boyfriend a couple of days later. She told me it cost a lost less and the room was far superior to our Junior Suite and it cost a lot less money. There were other little "niggles" but I feel I have said enough. On the plus side, I would say that the building and its grounds are very lovely and we arrived when it had snowed so it looked very picturesque indeed.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

My daughters and sister took me here in June for a hen night and i cannot sing it praises more........ however as a treat i thought i would take my husband there for a birthday treat. I upgraded to a luxury room but wish i hadn't bothered for the price the previous room in my opinion was far superior. When i checked in you were asked to sign the key receipt..... this showed my husband the £348 i had paid for the night as a surprise so he knew how much his Birthday surprise had cost! we were shown to the superior room which was cold. We went down to the spa which i remembered in June the water to be warm, but now in December the spa water was cold...... thank goodness for the steam room as we spent most of the time in there to keep warm! however i can only praise the girls who done the treatments as these were really good. We went down to dinner in the Truffles restaurant and what a rip off, everything had suppliments on and a steak was over £26.00 i don't mind paying for value but this was definately not!! the restarant was dark and dingie and had no atmosphere. The room was still cold and when i telephoned to complain was told that the guests had complained that the hotel was too hot and they had turned the heating off! This was a cost cutting exercise at the guests expense! If the radiators are controlled why were the guests not asked to turn them off and open a window! As there was only about 6 guests in the hotel i found this hard to believe. When i checked out i was over charged by £70.00 thank goodness i checked my bill, as for service charge, what service? Have written to the hotel but surprise surprise no response! Would i ever go back? NEVER!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra F
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

Five of us stayed at Rowhill in November. We all agreed the service in the hotel and spa were fantastic, the cleaniness was really good and the Rooms were spacious and
recently refurbed. The food was excellent, definately something for everyone. You really do get the personal touch a Rowhill.

NB. The cream tea is an absolute must.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank winniesquare
Bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

Stayed two nights on business at the Rowhill Grange, had a very pleasurable and comfortable stay. Made full use of the spa facilities which are superb. Choose not to eat in the restaurant but ate in the bar on two occasions and had good meals both times. Found all staff to be very helpful and courteous although only one person working within the bar area service at times was slow.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Cupcake15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!