The Fighting Cocks Pub and Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 103 Restaurants in Dartford
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Fighting Cocks pub and Riverside restaurant is a multi award winning pub and restaurant. Twice in the last 5 years winning the Best Family and Best tenanted pub in the UK at The Great British pub awards.
Surrey,UK
“Oh dear ! !”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have been here a few times for a good meal in the restaurant and has been worth recommendation. Today 13th Aug arrived to enjoy a lunch outside with my Girlfriend, ordered a burger and chips,the burger was described as Angus beef.It arrived in record time for such a busy Pub but a quick inspection of the food we wondered where the beef had gone ! A disappointment on both our faces for £8.....There is little chance that we will return and we will not recommend this place to anybody.

Dartford, United Kingdom
“Nice food, indifferent service”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Came with 3 others. I ordered SPARKLING water with ice and a slice. Had to ask for the slice and when I started drinking I found I had STILL water - but let it go. Food rather slow in coming but good when it did - particularly the Ploughman's. Also very slow to clear our plates. Staff pleasant and helpful otherwise.

Eastbourne, East Sussex
“"Banoffee Slice...Pubs own Interpretation???"”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Came to this pub for a family get together. It was our first time here and first impressions were ok. Lots of people sitting in the garden and lots of kids. But we had booked a table, so we deceided to go inside. We sat down at our table and ordered our food and drink. The service was quite slow on the drinks and the odd thing was missed. We had prawns which needed a finger bowl, which we had to ask for for. Shouldn't really have to ask! Most of my family had the steak and they loved their food. I had the burger and hubby had the ham, egg & chips. Nothing special, should've gone for the steak, never mind!!!
Then we all ordered desserts. My neice and husband ordered what they thought were two completely different puddings. One was the Raspberry & Coconut slice and a Banoffee Slice and both came with ice cream. So when they arrived, both had a slice of shortbread with a dollop of ice cream on top. So we asked the waitress and the response was "It's their take on Banoffee Pie" because the ice cream supposedly had Banoffee in it. Really??? Look, I don't mean to be rude, but surely whether its a slice or a pie, you don't expect shortbread. And with the ice cream, because you've given it the taste of Banoffee, you cant palm this off as a Banoffee Slice!!! What if your customers are allergic or just don't like shortbread? Personally I think you need to readdress how you sell this product, its really not right!!!
But even with all the fiasco with the puds, the staff were very accomodating and me and my family had a lovely evening!

Dartford, United Kingdom
“Poor Steak good ale”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I visited to celebrate our wedding anniversary on a recent Friday evening. We were shown to a very nice table in the conservatory and both had starters, garlic prawns and homemade mushroom soup, both very nice. For mains I chose the braised steak with my wife having the sirloin steak medium to rare. Unfortunately the sirloin was very poor, lacking in taste, flavour, and colour.alongside poorly cooked chips it made for a very poor meal. After waiting for over 30 minutes to have the plates cleared we did let the waitress know that one of the meals was very poor. On her return she did offer us a free dessert which we declined, removing the steak from the bill would have been a nice gesture but that didn't happen. On a lighter note the speckled hen was a delight to drink.

Hythe, United Kingdom
“Good Food but Very Slow Service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Have been to the Fighting Cocks three times now so have got a good idea about how they operate. On each occasion we have found that the food has been excellent. But have also found on each occasion that the service has been extremely slow. Have persevered because we liked the setting and the food but unless we wanted to go at an obscure time when hopefully the service would be faster we will not be returning.

• Visited May 2014