“Travelodge Dartford”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
London, United Kingdom
“Travelodge Dartford”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The motel is close to the Dartford Tunnel, Bluewater and my friends! It is clean and good value though the approach seems to involve a great number of roundabouts but the postcode provided got me there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Stephanie L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Addlestone, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

After a few issues with my first stay at this hotel, I thought I wouldn't return, but when I had to book it up for a business trip, I decided to give the hotel a second chance, and this time it was much better.

The receptionist responded quickly to my call from the desk, and checked me in straight away. The room was good and the bed was comfy.

The only thing that I would complain about is the sound of the road, the previous time I stayed at the back of the hotel facing the car park which was much quieter, the road side was a little louder, even with double windows! I am slightly deaf and wear hearing aids, but I was still able to hear the roar of cars passing throughout the night!

Apart from that, the price was great and was a great option for a simple one night stay.

Room Tip: Request a room on the car park side for a much better nights sleep!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed at Dartford travelodge on a 3 night stay. Can't fault the place, staff were fantastic and helpful in suggesting local places to go and just general awesomeness.
However and here is the 'but' I left a bag of clothes behind which was my fault and I accept that but when I rang to see if they could be forwarded at my expense or sent to a local travelodge I was told that this couldn't be done and I would have to collect from there. This is a 340 mile round trip so I now have the choice to either sacrifice the clothes or spend a day driving down and back to collect them. It would be good if Travelodge had a system to forward items left behind to other travelodges to enable reclaim even at a chargeable rate.
That said, great hotel, fantastic staff (thanks Angie for the corkscrew) but just the little niggle after

Portsmouth
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at this Travel lodge on 26th April. It was clean and comfortable and just right for a one night stay. However, the greeting we got from the receptionist when we arrived really made it. ( I wish I had caught her name! ) It was 1600hrs and she could not have been more welcoming, cheerful and helpful. It is amazing how far good customer service can help to settle you in. Thank you! We would not hesitate to stay here again and thoroughly recommend it.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What do you want from a hotel? Sometimes you want five star luxury, but other times all you want is a clean room, a comfortable bed, decent en suite, somewhere to hang your clothes and a TV. All this for £39 a night on the outskirts of London, with free parking and wifi at £3 for 24 hours makes this hotel an unexpected bargain and one I will happily return to.

One more thing - we could just about hear the trains go by but I've stayed in much noisier city centre hotels and they certainly didn't disturb our sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is a brilliantly positioned hotel for a stopover if catching an early Eurostar train from Ebbsfleet International. The room and bed were very comfortable. We had expected from previous reviews that the room might be noisy from the road and/or the nearby railway but the triple glazing was excellent and the room was very quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Janette W
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Very comfy beds which would have been great if the room hadn't been so hot, you couldn't open the window because of the train station right outside. The receptionist was very helpful. The location was perfect for catching the train into London, but the noise at night was bad.

1 Thank Vivienne023
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Dartford, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback Vivienne023. It is great to learn you found our beds to be comfortable, we have recently freshened up our hotel and put in brand new kingsize pocket sprung beds in every room. We do want all of our customers to have a great sleep during their stay so it is regrettable to learn you were unhappy with the temperatures in the room, we do provide a number of fans at reception should our guests need them. We also provide double glazing and insulated walls in an attempt to reduce the noise outside however due to the location unfortunately some noise may still be heard. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Ibis London Thurrock
Ibis London Thurrock
#3 of 6 in Grays Thurrock
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel

Been to Travelodge Dartford? Share your experiences!