“Great service ”

Beefeater The Beacon
Ranked #21 of 121 Restaurants in Dartford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak that you can kick back, relax and enjoy. The Beacon is the perfect restaurant for all occasions whether you've been exploring the historic Medway area, shopping at Bluewater or simply want to enjoy a tasty dinner
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Eat regularly in this Beefeater, food always good , staff very attentive. Special mention to Lindsey who always goes out of her way to give good service. Would recommend :)

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Have visited this restaurant numerous times, have always had a good experience, especially with the 40% off mains that gets sent out sometimes! I have some slight criticisms but not enough to affect my overall experience of the restaurant. My first criticism is the lack of staff available, this becomes even more obvious when it's busy, you can wait a while to be seen, seated and served. The other criticism would be the lack of beers available.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Always served with a smile by Lindsey, Charlie and clare which is needed after a normal days graft..

Friendly and helpful

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I went in a group and this is purely my experience.
I ordered the shop for a starter. The other starters arrived and we waited and waited for the soups. What a disappointment when we finally got them as they were luke warm, obviously been standing around and unfortunately didn't taste too good either.I had the vegetarian option for main course and I had to wait some time for that to arrive too and was also like warm. Yes I should have complained and i probably would have if it was just a couple of us.

1  Thank Hilarie J
Reviewed 18 June 2018

If you're staying in the Premier Inn, unfortunately due to it's location, you may have no choice but to eat here.

Due to my arrival time at the hotel, I chose to make a late night order.

The first waitress I encountered (a full-figured lady with black hair) simply ignored me, despite me standing right next to her, so I chose to speak to her colleague. I made my order of steak and salad (a simple dish that's difficult to ruin) and what arrived was a dull, sad looking, unappetising meal featuring what can only be described as half of yesterday's tomato (it was dry and shrivelled... ...I mean really dry and shrivelled). I just couldn't understand why somebody would have seen the state of it, then happily chosen to put it on my plate. When I complained to the waitress she agreed with how unappealing it looked and openly stated that they get complaints about the food all the time, and that I speak to the chef directly.

The first chef I spoke to (a fair-haired guy in his 20s/30s) seemed to be just about to take his break (he was behind the bar mixing a soft drink). I mentioned the state of the tomato on my plate, and he just casually wiped off his hand on his apron, reached over and took the tomato off my plate with his unwashed hand. Then asked me if I wanted anything else. I was appalled, so asked to speak to the head chef. When I brought up the subject of the presentation of the food, he openly stated that the tomatoes are cut in the morning, and left to 'stew' all day. He eventually apologised for the presentation of the food and I left to eat my meal (I had no choice, I hadn't eaten all day, and I daren't send it back for fear of what they'd do to it).

Should you be reading this prior to staying here, I recommend stocking up on food before hand, researching on local takeaways, or simply filling up on water and just waiting until you have the opportunity to eat elsewhere, if possible.

4  Thank Dale-icious