“First impressions of first time users.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Dartford

Premier Inn Dartford
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Crieff, United Kingdom
“First impressions of first time users.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

An excellent stay. The hotel was spotless, the room comfortable, the staff friendly and knowledgeable, and the on-site restaurant was excellent. Will certainly use Premier Inn again, in preference to other budget hotels we have tried.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Would recommend this Hotel for anyone family or business good location easy to find plenty of parking staff couldnt do enought to help room was spotless and excellent condition. Would use again and recommend to everyone.. Only thing was the restaurant food was a little dit disappointing but staff were very friendly....

Room Tip: Very friendly staff one of the best would recommend
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank George H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Couldn't recommend this hotel enough. They provided a welcome service and was extremely family friendly. The food and service was of a high standard and catered to our every need. Would deffinutely visit this hotel in the near future

• Stayed August 2012
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is our second visit to this hotel this year, due to family bereavement
once again we had a really pleasant stay the staff are excellent nothing is too much trouble, the rooms spotless. I would recommend this hotel to everybody. In fact we will be staying there for 2 weeks in September when we go up to visit family. Having the Beefeater next door is an added bonus.

Room Tip: The disabled room on the first floor has a walk in shower the other two disabled room have low baths...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bath
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this Premier Inn during the Olympics. The night receptionist who checked us in did not understand that we were checking in for the first time as the room had been booked by a company under my husbands name for a few nights. However, our stay was delayed by a couple of days and someone else from the company use the room prior to our arrival and then they checked out. So when we checked in to the room it had not been serviced. Our dilemma continued when we vacated the hotel to find that our van had been broken into and tools stolen. Although the police where able to identify a vehicle that had been seen to approach our van at 9.30 pm they seemed reluctant to approach the locals in the area regarding the crime. There are no signs in the Premier Inn car park warning of such crime and CCTV is poor in some parts of the car park. I was offered a refund for the stay ( my company benefits this not myself).

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Staffordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this premier inn. We stayed here during the Olympics as it was only £39 compared to £150 in the centre on London. Well worth the 30 min train ride out for. The room was very clean and the beefeater was nice. The staff were all very pleasant too. The only problem I had with it was the location. To get from Dartford train station in a taxi it costs £10 each way, very expansive as the hotel is in the middle of an industrial estate. Good visit though. Maybe not the best location for a break to London.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

To be honest I was a little doubtful booking this hotel. Last time I stayed in Dartford I stayed at the Hilton, this time I decided to trade the Hilton stay for first class train travel and a more budget Hotel. The Premier Inn Dartford is not on a bus route as far as I can see so had planned on getting a taxi from the train station.The fare was £10 one way. The reception area is a podium and wasn't manned but there was a bell next to notice saying press and hold to call someone if the desk was unmanned. I did that and within seconds a very pleasant member of staff arrived to check me in. she used an automated system and said it was for public use to check in, I just had to input my card and it printed out my room number and timings for meals and breakfast. It was all very quick. She then directed me to the room and reminded me of the guaranteed good nights sleep promise.
I enteredmy room with the key card and then had to put it in a slot just inside the door to activate the lights. the room was painted white and was very clean, the only marks on a wall looked to have been made by a suitcase and looked very fresh. The bed had white bed linen which was spotless and a firm mattress. the room had hanging space which is big enough for a few days but any longer and you may struggle. there were a couple of small drawers and a desk with a chair. A vanity unit with lights was set just inside the door and was very useful.There was also a large sofa which had a bolster for a back rest which removed to convert the sofa to a bed however I had no need to use it. It did seem firm as a sofa.The TV had free view and clear and easy to use remote. the room therostat could be changed and instruction were on the desk should you need to adjust it. It was fine for me but I did notice the windows do not open, they are two full panes of glass with not option to open.
The bathroom was spotless with bath with a shower over which had a good shower head, however I couldn't adjust it. I decided to have a bath and although it was deep it didn't take forever to fill.
Shower gel and hand wash is available from wall dispensers. Although I checked the website regarding hair dryers and it says they are not provided although you can ask for one which can be loaned on a first come first served basis, one was provided in the room under the vanity unit and. Very powerful one it was too.
I went down to breakfast although I hadn't prepaid. I didn't have any problems getting a table and it was the case of help yourself to cereal, toast, tea,coffee, orange or apple juice and order what you want for a hot breakfast.It was fine, it certainly saw me though to tea time without having to eat anything else for the day.
Checkout was easy and again the member of staff was very pleasant.
if you need to use a tacit to get to and fro the hotel from Dartford be aware that if you get a taxi from the train station it will cost you about £10 one way, however if you use a booked taxi( the receptionist at the hotel gave me a number for a local firm) you will pay about £5.50 for the same journeŷ.
I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel which is very important to everyone but when you are a single female travelling on your own it is important to feel safe and confident and I can honestly say this was the case at the hotel and with the taxi company they had suggested I use.
If and when I am back in the area I will book here again without any hesitation.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 305 which was on the third floor. Although the view isn't a pretty one ( overlo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo