See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Basic but clean and comfortable would sum up Black Horse Cottage. The room I stayed in was spotless and despite a very late arrival (so sorry) I received a warm welcome from the proprietor. Breakfast was very well presented and delicious. Very convenient location for the M25 / A2 and the Darenth Valley Hospital.

I would have preferred some deskspace for my laptop instead of a mini fridge and the kettle could benefit from a de-scale. Lastly the biscuits were out of date. March 2010 !

Very minor points, obviously, which shouldn't put anyone off staying here and it wouldn't stop me recommending Black Horse Cottage as a convenient place to stay.

Did I mention the nice breakfast ?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Another_PaulH
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I stayed while attending a course at Dartford Hospital. The location was excellent, Blue water is on the doorstep offering hours of entertainment to lone travellers!
The bungalow was clean, well presented and relaxing. Felt very much like I was staying with a relative! Breakfast was excellent and Gill is just so lovely. Would def stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank jessicacaca
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Stayed here for two nights and were very impressed with the service and cleanliness. Accommodation is in the annexe of a bungalow so has a separate entrance. Gill, the owner, is very friendly and serves a fantastic breakfast. It's approx. 2 mins car drive to Bluewater. We would definitely recommend this b & b and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue064
Reviewed 3 March 2009

Myself and daughter spent 1 night at the Blackhorse Cottage as we were attending my friends suprise 70th birthday party in a nearby hall. We wanted good priced accomodation at short notice and came across this cottage on-line, We were very pleasantly suprised at how warm a welcome we received from Gill and would highly recommend her to anyone looking to stay in Bean. The cottage was very clean and cozy and we enjoyed a lovely full english breakfast the next morning. Thank-you Gill

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank magicFolkestone
Reviewed 22 August 2008

The Black Horse Cottage is without doubt the finest little B&B I have ever stayed in. The rooms are clean, tidy and comfortable and cater for the traveller's every need, even down to a jug of milk in the fridge. The cooked English breakfast is to die for and nothing is too much trouble for the host. If ever a B&B deserved 11 out of 10 for its hospitaility, then The Black Horse Cottage is the one. Thank you Gill for making us so welcome.

Ray Clark.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Misrule