“This is the first bad review I've ever felt necessary to write.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dartford
Black Horse Cottage
Ranked #1 of 4 Dartford B&B and Inns
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“This is the first bad review I've ever felt necessary to write.”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Contrary to other reviews I've read for this B & B I found the service completely unsatisfactory; despite having booked two double rooms some weeks in advance; when we arrived (having driven down from Newcastle) only one room was available due to existing guests extending their stay by a few days-clearly profit motive overrides advance bookings here. John suggested that one couple stay in Eynesford, about 7 miles away, but as we were all coming down to attend a funeral we wished to be together as a group & this was clearly unacceptable, so with some encouragement John phoned round & eventually found us somewhere else.
Perhaps the food is good & the beds comfortable but I feel that the ethics leave something to be desired, so 'nil points' for this one!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank billywhizz3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Stayed here for two nights and couldn't fault it. Originally booked a room for 3 of us but were swapped to two rooms for the same price. Kim cooked wonderful breakfasts for us all. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Will be coming back again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Terri M
London
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed in black horse cottage 4 nights as I was working around. Rating this b&b from a "business stay" perspective I can say I am absolutely satisfied. In fact this was exactly what I was looking for. Comfort room, everything clean and tidy, the en suite bathroom is great and Kim is making a carefully prepared tasty breakfast in the morning. Don't need anything more during a business trip. The only negative was that when I arrived was nobody there so I had to wait ~ 15-20 mins but I guess that was not a big thing. I can surely neglect that taking into account all the rest. Excellent choice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I stayed for a week and was extremely impressed with the level of service. On arrival, I was greeted and assisted with baggage and shown to a newly refurbished immaculate room with en-suite. Superb bedroom, beautiful dining room, excellent breakfast and tasteful decor throughout, makes this the best B&B I have ever stayed in. Many thanks to John and Kim for a very pleasant week and I will be back.
G.R. May 2012.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank greg r
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

We had 2 rooms which are newly refurbished, clean and light with plenty of space, nice en-suite shower room. Fantastic full English breakfast and very welcoming. Great place for a stop over and really close to Bluewater shopping centre. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Janatholly
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Very nicely decorated and good size rooms. Very near to bluewater so plenty of choice for food and things to do in the evening. I stay away lots with work so I've seen plenty of variety of rooms this is one of the nicest I've ever stayed in. Lovely helpful owners. At one point I asked where I could buy some windscreen washer fluid for my work van nearby. The owner went into his cupboards and gave me some of his! What a legend! Only bad point was due to timing... They were decorating some rooms while I was there so it ment I couldn't extend my stay as not all rooms were available. Thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank peteherbert1982
Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I stayed for a few weeks whilst moving into the area and this place was perfect.
The people who run it are friendly and helpful, the breakfast is outstanding, and the accommodation is fine - very clean, comfy beds, good bathrooms. For the price it is outstanding: good, simple clean accommodation with a good brekky.
Easy parking, and a very good location in a quiet village.

Room Tip: The room with kitchenette is handy, but all rooms have fridge and tea/coffee and kettle.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business