“We were all very ill..”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Kent, United Kingdom
“We were all very ill..”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had spend £50 when my order had come 50mins later olny half my order had come. An the quality of the food wad really bad. I would strongly advise anyone to eat at the hide out!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank trac32

Dartford, United Kingdom
“Bad Mistake”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I made the mistake of entering this restaurant !

I ordered a taco shell full of salad which sounded perfect , WRONG the shell has been deep fried and was running in grease so the salad that was thrown inside was also running in grease.

My husband ordered Barbecue ribs and chicken with chips.

Chips were dripping in fat look like something my Nan would have made servered in a pudding bowl ..

The Chicken and Ribs were covered in a bottle of barbecue sauce which had to be scrapped off.

Both meals was ineadable.

We paid the bill £40 and left I could not bring my self to talk to a restaurant owner who would allow this quality of food to be served at his table.

YOU LIVE AND LEARN !

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Amanda D
London, United Kingdom
“Hideout should be hidden”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I had the misfortune of attending The Hideout recently with a large family gathering. The experience was not good. The place is decorated in a reasonably pleasant fashion with film gangster caricatures on the colourful walls. However this is not very Tex Mex in decor more Havana gangland. The location is in one of the back roads of Dartford so you wouldn't expect high end cuisine - I was hoping for solid good home made Tex Mex - which lets face it is not difficult.

The menu was extensive with lots of choice and there was a reasonable children's menu, and there were lots of adverts for happy hour and cheap cocktails during the week. This should perhaps have been a warning - I have found that a place that needs to put on such offers doesn't have the confidence in itself.

I chose a starter and main course - on the menu were deep fried chicken wings in Louisiana Hot Sauce, that got my taste buds going - I like hot and spicy food. Deep fried implies in a batter with a flavored coating - a good size portion arrived but the wings had been thrown into boiling oil with no coating - I was served dried up excuses for chicken wings that tasted none too fresh.

I followed with a Burrito Grande - a large floured tortilla with chilli, salad, cheese beans and rice. Again a fair sized portion (I'd expect this at over £10) but the meat was minced up not chunks and it was bland. There was very little flavoring hardly any garlic or paprika and certainly no Cumin to speak of. A faint trace of chilli powder - this was their chilli and it had been heated before serving in a microwave - because the temperature was inconsistent. The cheese on top was bland. I like Jalapeno peppers so I ordered a side order that was £2.49 for a small dish of sliced peppers from a pickled pepper jar - a jar that costs about £7.00 and is about half a gallon. Yes I felt ripped off for £2.49 I expected fresh Jalapeno's.

My wife ordered a Bar B Q steak medium rare - the steak was beautifully done - but smothered in a BBQ sauce out of a bottle. This was very poor as the meat was ruined by poor judgement. The sauce should have been served on the side.

My son ordered a burger and fries - fries were out of a packet, burger was a cash and carry special.

One of our party ordered lasagne - heated in the microwave - over hot so much that you had to wait for it to cool.

They advertised kids meals free on Sunday but forgot to take that off the bill - we had to point that out.

We were the only ones in the place - no one else came along to dine and after our experience I can understand why.

Service wise the girl on duty was reasonably efficient however it was her alone - had there been the danger of a rush she couldn't have coped. But the food said it all and there was no danger of a rush.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Big R
Dartford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great all round”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Went to the hideout expecting the worst but was welcomed in and seated. The starters came out in a good time and my main when i had finished all food was tasty more than enough and cooked perfect staff was very polite and assertive i even managed to meet the owner who was keeping check on every thing but would recommend to people to try it

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Craigit
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I am a regular, and come for a meal every couple of months. This is a great restaurant with generous servings of lovely food. There Is a great range and iv never not liked something. Really does not deserve the bad reviews. Give the place a chance and you might just find a diamond in dartford!

1 Thank Camilla S