I stayed here for nights on business , Monday to Friday.
At £70 - £80 a night it is not very good value for money.
The hotel is located very close to Watford Junction Train Station.
This is both good and bad. It means London and surrounding areas are very accessible.
However, it also means that trains pass the hotel every 5 minutes.
The trains pass less than 50 metres from the hotel making it extremely noisy - even at night time.
The food is average, and only available after 6pm. There is no lunch-time food.
The breakfast is buffet style with the usual options: Eggs, Sausages, Cereal, Bread, Jam etc...
The internet connection is advertised as 'high speed' but do not be fooled.
The connection is terrible. It is very very slow.
The room was well sized and clean, but there is no iron or ironing board.
There was an ironing room which was not very clean.
There is 'secure' parking but you have to pay for it, and it is not secure.
It is accessible from a number of different entrances.
I found a number of small things that let it down such as:
Dirty glasses in the bar, dirty plates & cups at breakfast, broken shower head in the room.
The water was not always hot in the morning for a shower.
On a positive note, the staff are friendly and helpful.
Overall I was not very impressed and would probably not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS LONDON WATFORD JUNCTION is situated 2 min from Watford Junction train station just off the A412, with close connections to M25 and M1. All 98 rooms have ensuite facilities with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, flat screen TV and airconditioning.Ideally located for both corporate and leisure travellers. BT, Total Oil, Sanyo, TK Maxx, Taylor Woodrow, Beko, Haden Young, Camelot, Coface, KPMG and J.D.Wetherspoon are just some of the offices within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is within a few minutes from 3 Golf courses, Purley Chase, Bushy Hall & the West Herts Golf Clubs, which are also popular venues for weddings. From the hotel one can reach TOP GOLF in 10 min, Watford Palace Theatre in 4 min, Pump House Theatre in 8 min, Watford Colosseum in 4 min, Oceana Club in 4 min, Harlequin Centre in 6 min & Watford Football Club Stadium in 6 min. The Hotel offers high speed internet access throughout and rooms are airconditioned. The hotel is an ideal base for Tour Groups with London Euston just 15 minutes by train. The Hotel has 2 Conference Rooms offering state of the art meeting facilities, natural daylight and 24 hour and Day Delegate rates. Parking is available in a pay & display car park just 2 min from the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Superbreak UK, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction Hotel Watford
- Holiday Inn Express Watford