Stayed at this hotel whilst in london for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final at Wembley. Ideal location for such an event, two mins walk to train station on direct line to Wembley. Arrived before check in time and hotel was busy so rooms not available, however we were given vouchers to park up car. We found a parking spot quite easily as it was a weekend but parking is quite tight so may be and issue during the week. Rooms fairly basic but very clean and had everything you would for a couple of nights stay. Breakfast was perfectly fine, continental with a few hot items, enough to set you up for the day. Lifts were a little unreliable. As other have said, our rooms were on front of hotel and very quiet but i would imagine those overlooking railway line could be noisy.
Approx 10 mins walk to watfords restaurants and bars. One thing we found a little odd was being asked for i. d to go into a pub in watford, especially as four of us are over 50!!! This could have been a problem as the door men said we wouldnt get into any pubs/bars without it. So remember if travelling from the North you need to take your passport!!!!!
Would stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS LONDON WATFORD JUNCTION is situated 2 min from Watford Junction train station just off the A412, with close connections to M25 and M1. All 98 rooms have ensuite facilities with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, flat screen TV and airconditioning.Ideally located for both corporate and leisure travellers. BT, Total Oil, Sanyo, TK Maxx, Taylor Woodrow, Beko, Haden Young, Camelot, Coface, KPMG and J.D.Wetherspoon are just some of the offices within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is within a few minutes from 3 Golf courses, Purley Chase, Bushy Hall & the West Herts Golf Clubs, which are also popular venues for weddings. From the hotel one can reach TOP GOLF in 10 min, Watford Palace Theatre in 4 min, Pump House Theatre in 8 min, Watford Colosseum in 4 min, Oceana Club in 4 min, Harlequin Centre in 6 min & Watford Football Club Stadium in 6 min. The Hotel offers high speed internet access throughout and rooms are airconditioned. The hotel is an ideal base for Tour Groups with London Euston just 15 minutes by train. The Hotel has 2 Conference Rooms offering state of the art meeting facilities, natural daylight and 24 hour and Day Delegate rates. Parking is available in a pay & display car park just 2 min from the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, IHG, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction Hotel Watford
- Holiday Inn Express Watford