Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction
Jurys Inn London Watford(Watford)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$74
US$79
US$71
US$83
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel(Watford)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
US$100
getaroom.com
Hilton Watford(Watford)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstrain stationbeansharry potterwatford junctioncar parkyogurtbreakfast was includedthe sofa bedminute walkthe hotel is cleanstudio tourper nightvisit londonwould stay againhot foodbooked this hotelair con
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I booked this hotel as it was a good price, and easy to get into London. We stayed for 2 nights - Friday 23rd (husband's birthday) and Saturday 24th August.
We were given a warm welcome by very friendly staff. The room was OK, clean and bright but not much room for hanging clothes, just a rail with half a dozen hangers, no wardrobe. (thank goodness I always take a few clothes hangers with me)This is not a problem for 1 or 2 nights, but I would have struggled with clothes for longer than this (I do not do 'travelling light'.. I take the kitchen sink with me!

The double bed mattress was very soft.. a bit too soft for me, although my husband said it was perfect. As we had a sofa bed in the room, after the first night, I asked if this could be made up for me. We were given the option of changing rooms to a twin room, but I had already felt the mattress of the sofa, I declined a move and had a brilliant 2nd night's sleep on the sofa bed.

Breakfast was good, self service, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, toast, scrambled eggs, sausages, baked beans.. and..... no bacon, it would have made breakfast complete.

The prices in the bar in the evening were very reasonable, we expected to pay a lot more, and the staff were chatty and eager to serve, there was no problem getting another drink after the advertised closing time, and there is a good ice machine for guests to use, which I did on both nights!

We'd booked tickets for the Harry Potter Studio Tour, and were only a few minutes walk to the shuttle bus which took us straight there, £2 for a return ticket with buses running very frequently.
We had also booked to ride on the London Eye, and visit to the London Sealife Aquarium.
We were advised by the train station staff to get a day ticket, which let us use trains, buses and the tube all day for one payment (£15).

I would definitely recommend this hotel to use as a base for visiting London, and as we have other places that we want to visit in London, we'll be staying there again soon.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the building seem to be a little quieter than those at the back (the back tends to get noise from the train station).
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanP72
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here bank holiday Monday and when we first arrived I had to say the location was perfect! 2 minute walk to watford station and a 2 minute walk from the Harry potter tour shuttle bus. Rooms were clean but could have done with better aircon with it being a hot day and extra pillows as we're limited to a pillow each. Three of us stayed in a room for 98 pounds pretty good value the sofa bed is a good size. we booked through last minute.com. Breakfast was included - lots of options sausages eggs toast cereals fruit yoghurts etc service is good bar closes at 23.30 but we fancied a drink after midnight and they were happy to still serve us. Car park is good free for the night untill 8am then 4 pounds for the rest of the next day. However we didn't use as ha already paid ridiculous price of 14 pounds at train station as the holiday inn car park is not sign posted and we thought it was private for somewhere else, so this could maybe something the hotel could improve bit overall very pleased if in watford again will be staying here

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 25th August for one night. Nice clean room with good beds. Lifts not wonderful only one working out of two,at put your room card in to make the lift work !!
Reception staff ok but not very welcoming or very happy looking not as good as the staff at the park inn Watford, only stay at the holiday inn because we couldn't get another night at the park inn fully booked.
Breakfast was ok,but was practically eating in reception.
Nice enough hotel and close to the train station,but wouldn't pay the price they advertise on the reception wall of £149.95 a night, in my opinion not worth that. I booked the room through Superbreak and they got it cheaper.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
HIEXPRESS_WATFORD, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. I took onboard the points you raised and your comments are much appreciated. With regards to the lifts operation you insert the key card in the lift for security reasons so that only guest have access to the upper floors.
Best regards,
Gaby Slowikova

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We booked this as an overnight stop off after arriving late at Heathrow. Our room was on the seventh floor overlooking the railway station. Did find the noise from the trains was still quite loud and noticeable at night and early morning. Be aware that parking is not a good selling point for this Holiday Inn. A very small car park and then an offer of vouchers for payment to the rough looking pub nearby. Heard two guests in the morning saying they had got parking tickets on the adjacent roads. Breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn offerings and ok.
Room was clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the railway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BROCKWELL

Dear Guest,
Thank for leavin feedback about our hotel. Your comments are much appreciated. I am very sorry about the car parking options and about the fact you were disturbed by the noise from the train station. We recommend guest to request a quieter front facing side.
Best regards,
Gaby Slowikova

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed here as a base for our trip to London. Location is great - train station a 2 minute walk away. Free parking. We were able leave our car in the car park after we checked out. We always try and stay in a Holiday Inn Express - these hotels are great value for money, always clean, breakfast included in the price of your stay - they are great. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff - we wanted an extra pillow and cup and these were brought straight way.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family