My girlfriend and I stayed at Holiday Inn Watford Junction for two nights between Saturday 30th November and Monday 2nd December and we were very pleased with our choice of accommodation. We needed to be convenient to the city as we had show tickets for the Saturday evening and also wanted to get some Christmas shopping done, but we had tickets for the Harry Potter studio tour on the Sunday evening as well, so needed to stay somewhere that allowed us easy access to both. With trains running from Watford Junction station (right next door) to Euston every 20 minutes or so, we had no problem getting in and out. There is also a bus that runs very regularly between the bus station (in front of the train station) and the Warner Bros studios where the tour takes place, so the location of the Holiday Inn was ideal... You can't miss the bus as it is emblazoned with 'Harry Potter' and pictures of characters from top to bottom! We found the staff to be friendly and knowledgable, the room to be clean and comfortable and the breakfast (included for all guests) to be perfectly adequate as well. You can hear trains going by but they certainly aren't what you would consider 'noisy' and didn't make our stay any less comfortable. The Harry Potter tour was excellent too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS LONDON WATFORD JUNCTION is situated 2 min from Watford Junction train station just off the A412, with close connections to M25 and M1. All 98 rooms have ensuite facilities with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, flat screen TV and airconditioning.Ideally located for both corporate and leisure travellers. BT, Total Oil, Sanyo, TK Maxx, Taylor Woodrow, Beko, Haden Young, Camelot, Coface, KPMG and J.D.Wetherspoon are just some of the offices within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is within a few minutes from 3 Golf courses, Purley Chase, Bushy Hall & the West Herts Golf Clubs, which are also popular venues for weddings. From the hotel one can reach TOP GOLF in 10 min, Watford Palace Theatre in 4 min, Pump House Theatre in 8 min, Watford Colosseum in 4 min, Oceana Club in 4 min, Harlequin Centre in 6 min & Watford Football Club Stadium in 6 min. The Hotel offers high speed internet access throughout and rooms are airconditioned. The hotel is an ideal base for Tour Groups with London Euston just 15 minutes by train. The Hotel has 2 Conference Rooms offering state of the art meeting facilities, natural daylight and 24 hour and Day Delegate rates. Parking is available in a pay & display car park just 2 min from the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction Hotel Watford
- Holiday Inn Express Watford