POSITIVE: The hotel is conveniently located near the train station (less than 5 minute walk). You're in central London in less than 20 min. Parking lot is tricky but its free. The room was basic and clean. NEGATIVES: mattress was less than comfy. so it was a good thing we had booked a short stay. Staff were polite but did not resolve the problem with our phone - which was inconvenient since we had to run to reception each time we had a question. Breakfast was lack luster, McDonald's might have been a better choice. ANNOYING: Wi-fi is free but slow. You have to pay for a faster connection. There was only one working electric socket, which I am encountering more often with these chain hotels. CONCLUSION; You get what you pay for. Holiday Inn isn't what it used to be - its right up there with all those other chains. But with that said, its not a bad hotel. You are close enough to central London without the high prices. So I would recommend it if you're on a tight budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS LONDON WATFORD JUNCTION is situated 2 min from Watford Junction train station just off the A412, with close connections to M25 and M1. All 98 rooms have ensuite facilities with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, flat screen TV and airconditioning.Ideally located for both corporate and leisure travellers. BT, Total Oil, Sanyo, TK Maxx, Taylor Woodrow, Beko, Haden Young, Camelot, Coface, KPMG and J.D.Wetherspoon are just some of the offices within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is within a few minutes from 3 Golf courses, Purley Chase, Bushy Hall & the West Herts Golf Clubs, which are also popular venues for weddings. From the hotel one can reach TOP GOLF in 10 min, Watford Palace Theatre in 4 min, Pump House Theatre in 8 min, Watford Colosseum in 4 min, Oceana Club in 4 min, Harlequin Centre in 6 min & Watford Football Club Stadium in 6 min. The Hotel offers high speed internet access throughout and rooms are airconditioned. The hotel is an ideal base for Tour Groups with London Euston just 15 minutes by train. The Hotel has 2 Conference Rooms offering state of the art meeting facilities, natural daylight and 24 hour and Day Delegate rates. Parking is available in a pay & display car park just 2 min from the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction Hotel Watford
- Holiday Inn Express Watford