Holiday Inn Express Watford is a short stones throw from Watford Junction station. This gives direct access into central London via the London Overground or West Coast Mainline services. It also provides quick and easy access to Wembley Stadium, and I stayed there for a trip to Wembley, arriving Friday night and leaving Sunday morning.
The hotel isn't particularly well signposted, but it was easy enough to find using the sat nav postcode provided by the hotel. Car parking for the hotel is limited, although the pub car park can be used, this isn't lit and could potentially be a safety risk.
The hotel itself is well presented, and provides a good service for its visitors. Breakfast was a Continental + affair, with the usual Continental selection supplemented by sausages, beans and scrambled egg. Due to engineering works I didn't have an issue with train noise, despite being on the railway side, but I can understand why this could cause problems for some people. The wifi is free for all, although only at a limited speed. Faster wifi could be purchased.
As a cheap easy option for access into London though, the hotel provides what it needs to, and I'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS LONDON WATFORD JUNCTION is situated 2 min from Watford Junction train station just off the A412, with close connections to M25 and M1. All 98 rooms have ensuite facilities with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, flat screen TV and airconditioning.Ideally located for both corporate and leisure travellers. BT, Total Oil, Sanyo, TK Maxx, Taylor Woodrow, Beko, Haden Young, Camelot, Coface, KPMG and J.D.Wetherspoon are just some of the offices within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is within a few minutes from 3 Golf courses, Purley Chase, Bushy Hall & the West Herts Golf Clubs, which are also popular venues for weddings. From the hotel one can reach TOP GOLF in 10 min, Watford Palace Theatre in 4 min, Pump House Theatre in 8 min, Watford Colosseum in 4 min, Oceana Club in 4 min, Harlequin Centre in 6 min & Watford Football Club Stadium in 6 min. The Hotel offers high speed internet access throughout and rooms are airconditioned. The hotel is an ideal base for Tour Groups with London Euston just 15 minutes by train. The Hotel has 2 Conference Rooms offering state of the art meeting facilities, natural daylight and 24 hour and Day Delegate rates. Parking is available in a pay & display car park just 2 min from the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction Hotel Watford
- Holiday Inn Express Watford