“Great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Watford
London, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on a work trip and I really liked the hotel. The break fast buffet was really good and the rooms spacious and clean. I also liked the fact that there was free wifi in the rooms. Employees were really friendly and the hotel is quite central, watford junction is aroun 3 minutes walk away. Sainsbury is quite close and there are a number of restaurants and shops nearby as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Polish first
Renfrewshire, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed here to visit the Harry Potter Studio tour and it was a perfect location- 5 minutes walk from Watford Junction train station. Buses run from station to attraction every half hour or so and it's only 15 minutes away. I'm not sure there is much more around the hotel though. This hotel is a fairly standard 3 star chain hotel.The rooms are all pretty much the same I think with a double bed and sofa bed (which is fine for 2 kids). The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was fine too. There was a television and tea/coffee making facilities. The air conditioning was good as it was very hot while we were there. Breakfast was fine with a reasonable selection of continental and cooked food and is all self service including tea/coffee. We had dinner in the restaurant and this was actually very good. The menu was interesting and had plenty of choice. The food had a bit of flair about it. It was well cooked and presented and well above the standard I was expecting from a hotel of this standard. The staff in the hotel are worth a mention too. They try very hard and were all pleasant and helpful. If I needed to stay in this location again I would be happy enough to stay here though one night with four of us in a room in enough at a time for me! It's a shame they don't offer more room types such as suites.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
North
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

This place is a fab little find!

Distance from Central London:
Kings Cross to Euston 20 min walk or 10 min tube if you have suitcase or bag. Then head to the trains platform 9 (usually) and get one of the quick trains direct to Watford Junction (22 minutes) and walk in a stright line up Clarendon Road for about 8 minutes. Very easy indeed and in fact easier than staying in Central London.
Cleanliness:
Spotless - couldn't fault a thing and facilities in room were brilliant too.
Breakfast:
Delicious. I had hot cooked English and my friend enjoyed yoghurt,cereal and frest fruit. They also have a great selection of fresh bread you can cut yourself. Good selection of tea, coffee, fruit juice.
Service:
Staff were helpful and very polite. I was accompanying a friend who was on a business trip for her first night of 6. They had no problem in accomodating, even though my friend was paying a different price for the one night I was there compared to her other 5. Check-in and check out quick and easy.
Room:
Spacious room, clean good quality bedding, comforatble bed and pillow, good shower with good temperature, bath available, liquid soap provided in shower.
Price:
Approx £80 for 2 sharing a double room.

If you want a 5 star, pay 5 star prices. I think this is worth every penny for clean, comfortable and quiet London accomodation.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms have no traffic noise. We were on floor 5, right turn out of the lifts, second do...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip and I was very impressed. The rooms were clean, warm and very well decorated and the beds were comfortable. The television and general hotel facilities were good and the bathroom was modern with plenty of free amenities such as shower gels etc. The restaurant service was also very good qualities and the catering staff were very pleasant. The view was not too inspiring, but if you are looking for a business stop-over I would recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
west yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

We started our holiday with a visit to Harry Potter Studios (which was great) near Watford (which wasnt great !!). Booked one night at Jury's to break up our journey from North to South - wish we had continued further South. The hotel room was ok for myself, husband and teenage son, but no parking at the hotel. Had to leave our car loaded with our holiday luggage in a very dodgy looking multi-storey car park - we moved it twice trying to find a safer spot. Had a quick walk around Watford and retreated quickly back to Jury's! The meal was terrible. Reception staff were nice but everything else was awful. Next morning we set off very early to our next stop in the New Forest and wished we had gone straight there after Hogwarts!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank princessfefe
JurysWatford_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear princessfefe,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on your recent stay here at Jurys Inn Watford; I am disappointed that you did not find our facilities, or service, up to your required standards.

Jurys Inn Watford does not have an on-site car park, neither do we advertise that we do; for over 3 years we have used Sutton Car Park which is about a 500 meter walk from the Hotel. We have not had one reported incident of damage or theft from any of our residents who have used this car park – directions to which can be downloaded from our website.

Whilst I agree with you that Watford is certainly not the New Forest, I do feel that it is a little unfair to criticise the Hotel for its location because of the appearance of the Town Centre.
With regards to your meal I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further to understand where we fell short, please feel free to contact me direct to discuss this further; I would however like to apologise for any drop in standards and I can assure you that these comments will be passed on to the Head Chef and his team to allow them to improve the offerings for future guests.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about out Reception Team, we have recently recruited 3 new members and this type of feedback will act as an excellent motivator for them to continue to learn and develop.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any disruption caused to you during your stay and I hope that you were able to enjoy the remainder of your family holiday in the New Forest.

Kind regards,

Andy Gray
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked a triple room for 8 nights as my mother in law was joining us for 4 nights, we included breakfasts for 3 for the 8 nights as we thought it too hard to split. The room turned out to be a twin room with a bed jammed in and was totally unsuitable so I asked for a refund so we could go to more suitable accommodation. We were offered a twin room for the 8 nights and a single room for 4. They still charged me for a triple room with 8 breakfasts and a single room for 4 nights with breakfasts and refuse to refund. They then charged my card for 104 pounds 3 weeks later. When I asked for an explanation they said they had to as mrs sian whoever that is paid for mrs stocks breakfast and some laundry. When i pointed out breakfasts were paid for they then changed it laundry. We paid for all our laundry at the time and i refuse to be double charged again. The hotel was clean but the staff were extremely poorly trained and not supervised. I suggest if you stay there you check your bill carefully and make sure you get a statement from them that it is final. I think jury's needs to take a good look at the management of this hotel as it has ruined jurys inns for us.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
JurysWatford_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear Mr Stock,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your stay with us in July, I am genuinely sorry that we were unable to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

I understand that my Deputy General Manager has been in constant email communication with you in an attempt to rectify the issues you have raised; I believe that he was also hoping to discuss this further with you via telephone in an attempt to draw a conclusion to the events, unfortunately this offer was declined.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you, please feel free to contact me direct at the Hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post this review, your observations and comments regarding the Hotel have been noted and will be passed on to all members of the Team in order for us to ensure that our service standards are restored for future guests.

Kind regards,

Andy Gray
Kendal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Me and two friends stayed here whilst visiting London and the Harry Potter Experience. Very close to Watford Junction which was handy. Reception was lovely and the room we had was spacious and had everything we needed.
Would stay again if i was in this part of the country! :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah_Peanut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watford
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction
Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel
De Vere Hunton Park
De Vere Hunton Park
#1 of 1 in Hunton Bridge

Been to Jurys Inn London Watford? Share your experiences!