“Comfy stay away from the hustle and bustle”

Jurys Inn London Watford
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Chennai (Madras), India
“Comfy stay away from the hustle and bustle”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here when I visited London for the first time.. I had a very pleasant stay and good sleep.. It is close to the train station.. Also well connected by buses to London's happening places..
Overall, a good place to relax yourself after business meetings or a day of sightseeing in London..

Stayed December 2013
JurysWatford_Manager, Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for choosing Jurys Inn for your recent winter break in Watford.

And thank you most sincerely for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' comments before booking their own visits. I have shared your very kind remarks and comments with all our staff and we hope you'll choose Jurys Inn Watford on your next visit to the area.

Warm Regards

catriona_delaney@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The hotel is in a good location for Watford Junction rail station and Watford town centre. The rooms are all modern and very comfortable. The breakfast was good, however I thought the sausages could have been better. Catriona (deputy manager) is very helpful should you have any problems with your room or anything else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Terry

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to share your opinion of Jurys Inn Watford with us and others. And thank you also for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Watford. It was our pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your break so much and we are always delighted to receive feedback from our guests. I will monitor your feedback regarding the sausages as we are always monitoring our standards to ensure we meet expectations. I was delighted to be able to assist you and if you need anything further please email myself directly.

Warm regards and a Happy New Year .

Catriona_delaney@jurysinns.com
Reviewed 17 December 2013

A business style hotel in the centre Watford
Positives:
1) Excellent customer service from one of the young managers (Lauren Dinan). She retrieved a tricky situation (inexperience/rudeness from the person handling calls for room service). Her face-to-face apology and overall handling of the situation was exemplary. It was followed up by an entirely unexpected handwritten note. I hope her management team at Jury's appreciate her efforts as much as we did.
2) Very good buffet breakfast
3) Decent size rooms
4) Proximity to the railway station

Drawbacks
The lack of on-site parking was a pain. We knew this in advance and were able to drop off our luggage at reception without too much trouble.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Jurys Inn Watford.

Thank you most sincerely for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I have shared your very kind remarks with Laura and you are correct Laura is an excellent team member here, delighted to read she resolved your issue regarding room service.

If your returning to Jurys Inn Watford in the future please drop me an email if you need anything.

Warm regards and a Happy New Year.

Catriona_delaney@jurysinns.com
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is only a few years old, you would tho k then that given it is right in the middle of watford's one way system that they would offer some soundproofing to outside... I live on a main road myself but the noise was nothing like I have ever known. All else aside, the hair dryer didn't work (no pencil in the room to leave a note about it), and given the very good sized room our bed was less than a foot from the bathroom wall, the staff were nice - that's a bonus. But that doesn't make up for losing a night of sleep.

• Stayed December 2013
JurysWatford_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Fallon G,

Thank you for providing feedback concerning your recent visit to Jurys Inn Watford; I was sorry to read that your night was disturbed by external noise; every precaution is taken to minimise external factors to ensure that our guests receive a comfortable and pleasant stay with us – if you could provide me with the number of the room you were in I will ensure that our Maintenance Team check the insulation around the window to ensure that factors within our control are acted upon. If you could also inform me whether you brought this to the attention of anybody during your stay I will personally oversee the matter to conclusion.

When I am in receipt of your room number I will also ask the Maintenance Team to inspect the Hairdryer in the room – in addition to the switch on the hairdryer there is also a main switch above the desk, labeled hairdryer, which may have been in the off position and this may have been the cause of the fault.

I was delighted to hear that the room size was to a suitable standard and that the members of our Team you encountered were friendly.

Please accept my apologies for the disruption to your stay and please feel free to request a room on the courtyard side of the Hotel for your next visit as the rooms on the internal side of the building face away from the main road.

Kind regards,

Andy
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a perfectly adequate place for an overnight stay but it's certainly not the shining star of the Jurys chain - the others I've stayed in at Heathrow and in Washington were much better. Very close to the Palace Theater, just off Watford High Street and a 10 minute walk from Watford Junction railway station, the hotel is fairly convenient. It seems to cater to a mix of business travelers and international tourists heading for the nearby Harry Potter attraction. The public areas are quite nice, with a good bar area and a small restaurant. The breakfast buffet was pretty decent and fairly extensive. The rooms though are very plain and reminiscent of a college dorm. Unfortunately I was given a room adapted for disabled guests, which gave it an even more institutional feel. It's really hard to shave using a basin that is just barely above knee height. The other big downside of this hotel if you are driving is the lack of on-site parking. You are directed to a public multi-story a block across the road. However, the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Grassland88,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to Jurys Inn Watford – I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with the properties location and proximity to the Train Station and Watford Town centre. It was also pleasing to read that you enjoyed the breakfast offering throughout your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you were not entirely satisfied with the room type you were allocated – our Front Office Team are more than happy to assist our Guests in any room move requests whilst they are in the Hotel in order to ensure that every guest who stays with us receives a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

With regards to car parking I can confirm that Jurys Inn Watford does not have on site car parking however Sutton Car Park is a minutes’ walk from the Hotel and there is also an additional private car park adjacent to the property.

Thank you also for your kind words about our Teams friendliness and helpfulness to your throughout your visit.

I trust you had an enjoyable flight home and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Watford in the future.

Kind regards,

Andy
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel, the first was ok but not fantastic , the second was 100percent better. The staff were excellent , friendly and knowledgeable [ they will direct you to good places to eat , we had a lovely dinner because of their recommend ]. I had an adjoining room with my traveling party which was very good. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful, [their porridge is one of the best I have tasted] the atmosphere was relaxed, Overall I would recommend this as a great place to stay, if you are lucky enough to be visiting the near by Harry Potter experience it is almost on your doorstep and is child friendly .

Room Tip: Because of where it is situated there is a certain amount of noise but that cant be helped, maybe as...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I needed to stay near Watford junction, and this worked out great. If you have a case on wheels, you can easily walk the 5-7 min from the station.

Looks like a new hotel - room was pretty spacious, and Internet worked well (extra fee). Had continental breakfast for 6 pounds, full is 10.

There is a bus stop right in front. I took a bus from Heathrow central bus station and it was very easy - maybe 30-40 minutes, though bus doesn't leave frequently on a Sunday.

Room Tip: the elevator announces the floor; not sure if you can hear it but I would pick a room away from the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business