“Excellent”

Jurys Inn London Watford
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

From start to finish this hotel was fantastic. The staff were professional yet friendly and couldn't do enough to help. I have stayed in a number of hotels on my own for work, and have never really felt comfortable eating in the restaurant on my own and usually resort to taking my food up to my room. However, because the staff made me feel so welcome I stayed in the restaurant. The food was delicious and good value for money. I then found myself in the unusual position of not having to check out first thing in the morning, but not once was I made to feel as though I was holding the housekeeping staff up (as has been in other hotels)

Thank you for a great stay and I'll definately be coming back if I'm ever working in Watford again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
JurysWatford_Manager, Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Frances.

I was delighted to read your comments, and thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor.

Our staff are excellent here and I do believe they enjoy delivering high standards of service to each and every guest.

I know our head chef has seen your comments regarding the food, as he monitors TripAdvisor daily also.

I hope to see you back in Jurys Inn Watford, in the not so distant future.

Regards

catriona_delaney@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,449)

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here over New Years, and everything was absolutely perfect. The location is very close to the train station (but not noisy!) and with frequent trains it is so easy to get into London, and also to the Harry Potter studio tour. The room itself was brilliant, very big with a great bathroom, and a very comfy bed. The bar downstairs does an excellent breakfast, and the hotel in general is very nicely decorated and clean. But the special mention must go to the staff. We found them to always be friendly and ready to help, even arranging a bottle of fizz and a card to be in the room on arrival as my boyfriend requested. They really made the weekend for us :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rebecca.

Thank you for choosing Jurys Inn for your recent stay in Watford.

And thank you most sincerely for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests comments before booking their own visits.

I have shared your very kind remarks and comments with all our staff and we hope you'll choose Jurys Inn next time you are back in Watford.

Regards

Reviewed 7 January 2014

After staying at a 4 star Best Western hotel the previous night, there was no comparison. The Jury's Inn was so much better. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was so much bigger and better. The food in the bar was excellent as was the breakfast. Excellent value would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Carol W
JurysWatford_Manager, Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Carol W.

Thank you for your review of the hotel, it is great to get such a comprehensive review.

We appreciate your feedback and I will pass on your comments to our team.

We hope to see you again in the near future,

Sincerely

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed here between Christmas and New Year, this was for a family of four.
Check-in was easy and there didn't appear to be many other guests. The hotel bar also was quite but somewhat expensive, that said the guys behind the bar done their best.
The room was comfortable but a bit stuffy. The only real complaint was the size of the second bed, my 11 year old and five year old were a bit cramped.
Breakfast in the morning was fine, if not a bit chaotic.
Overall when you consider I paid £70 for one night for a family of four I have no complaints.
But you should expect free wifi in this day and age.

Room Tip: Don't park overnight in the intu car parks, there are cheaper closer to the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank johnc3720
JurysWatford_Manager, Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Guest;

Thank you for choosing to stay at Jurys Inn Watford. We are very pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit and we have shared your very nice remarks with our team of staff here.

We would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back again one day, should you be in the Watford area again, and if you need a family room again I can offer you interconnecting rooms at a competitive price for you and your families maximum comfort.

We do offer specials in our restaurant which are also very competitive and always get great feed back.

Please drop me an email if I can assist with any future reservations.

Warm regards

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here for one night. We had two rooms for four adults and four children. The rooms were comfortable with a sofa bed and a folding bed for the two children in each room. The bathrooms were clean with a good supply of shower gel, handwash, shampoo etc. Biscuits would have been nice with the tea and coffee making facilities.
The location is good, being a 5 minute walk from Watford Junction. There's parking opposite the hotel too for £4.50 for 24 hours.
Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice and the hot food was kept well replenished. Overall, it was good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at Jurys Inn Watford and thank you so much for reviewing us here on Trip Advisor. I have let our staff and head chef know of your kind remarks and how much you enjoyed your visit and breakfast. We would be thrilled to have the opportunity to welcome you back again and we will certainly provide you with lots of information on things to do in Watford and if you want to travel into london we are only 20 minutes on the train. I will certainly be able to put biscuits in your room should you return, just drop me an email if you need anything.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We booked for 4 nights as we were off to the Warner Studios Harry Potter Tour and London sightseeing. Hotel lovely and clean, staff very friendly and helpful and an excellent choice for breakfast which will fill you up for the day. Locationwise it is spot on with the town Centre just a walk away and an excellent service with bus/trains from Watford Junction. The only downside of the stay is on the weekend it can be a little noisy outside if your room is located on the road side with noisy partygoers walking home. Nothing a good jug of water won't cure ;-) Would definitely book this hotel again though

• Stayed: December 2013
JurysWatford_Manager, Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you! What a great review of Jurys Inn Watford! We really do love delivering excellent customer service here at Jurys Inn and we genuinely enjoy looking after each and every guest. On behalf entire team, may I extend our sincere thanks for taking the time to share your kind comments about your Jurys Inn Watford experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.

We very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Watford in the Future.

Warm Regards

Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here when I visited London for the first time.. I had a very pleasant stay and good sleep.. It is close to the train station.. Also well connected by buses to London's happening places..
Overall, a good place to relax yourself after business meetings or a day of sightseeing in London..

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for choosing Jurys Inn for your recent winter break in Watford.

And thank you most sincerely for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' comments before booking their own visits. I have shared your very kind remarks and comments with all our staff and we hope you'll choose Jurys Inn Watford on your next visit to the area.

Warm Regards