“Thanks for a lovely stay ”

Jurys Inn London Watford
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Brierley Hill, England, United Kingdom
“Thanks for a lovely stay ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after a trip to Warner Brothers studios, very convenient for that. Great nights sleep, no noise which I was very pleased about! Lovely breakfast, lots of choice and no queues and very friendly staff, would come back again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed over a busy bank holiday weekend but after a phone call from the hotel the day before, we knew it was busy in the restaurant the first night and adjusted plans accordingly. The rooms and the food were excellent throughout, the bar relaxing and staff extremely helpful and courteous
Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel with my family on Saturday and booked the table for 6 people. The food was really good and really like the new menu. There are lots of choices.. Next day we had breakfast lots of choices and fresh food..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Wooler, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here with a friend for one night on the way to the Chelsea Flower Show as part of a bus trip.These are the positives. Our room was fine - comfortable beds and reasonably quiet with the windows closed, given it is on the main road. The Reception staff were helpful and courteous.
However, the negatives of the restaurant outweighed these by far. The restaurant experience in the evening and at breakfast was dreadful. The evening meal was a self service buffet with very little choice.
Starter - shredded lettuce, tomato, cous cous and rice or thin soup
Main - sloppy lasagne, some sort of battered fish, chips, pasta, vegetables
Dessert - apple crumble or trifle

The quality of the food (apart from the bread rolls) was very poor and the service was non-existent. There was a battle for cutlery at our table as there wasn't enough provided so those on a neighbouring table attempted to 'steal' from others sharing our table. In return the couple sharing our table 'stole' salt and pepper from elsewhere. The atmosphere was chaotic and not the relaxed, pleasant meal we had hoped for.
Breakfast was a similar experience although some food was at least acceptable - toast, marmite, cheese, croissants, cereals and preserves and my friend reported the bacon and sausaage were fine. The negatives in the food line were
berry compote was still partly frozen and very tart
the orange juice was powdered and tasted as though there was also the remains of sterilizer in the container (comforting to know it had been sterilized though)
scrambled eggs were inedible
Whilst we were away from the table getting drinks (we had left coats etc. to show we were coming back) someone started clearing away so when we returned to the table we told we had to move to another area of the restaurant and take our things with us. I pointed out that as part of the clearing away the fresh toast and croissants had been piled on the plate with the remains of the inedible scrambled egg. The young man told me he hadn't done this, we must have done it ourselves and we could get some fresh food if we wanted.
There were a lot of coach trips in the hotel and it really felt as if they were totally overwhelmed and not able to manage to provide the level of service or quality of food that is expected of any reasonable hotel. Having read other reviews I had expected a very different experience so suggest that if this hotel is included as part of a trip you think carefully about going or lower your expectations!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank M0untainwalker
JurysWatford_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear M0untainwalker,

Thank you for your thorough review of your recent visit to Jurys Inn Watford, may I apologise sincerely for the obvious drop in standards you experienced - I was deeply saddened to read that this led to a negative impression of the services we provide to our guests; we usually receive excellent feedback for the meals that we provide in the property – whether it be a Tour or not – and it is disappointing that we fell below these standards on this occasion.

We experienced exceptionally high levels of demand on our food and beverage departments over the weekend and despite all of the planning prior to the day we obviously still have a couple of areas we need to iron out; you can rest assured that we will be analyzing our own performance in our weekly Team Meeting to ensure situations such as this do not reoccur in the future.

I was also extremely disappointed to read the comments regarding the attitude of the Team Member you came into contact with at the Breakfast time and again would like to apologise for this; customer service is of paramount importance to us and it is an area that we regularly excel in. I have discussed with the Team on duty, on the morning in question, alternative ways in which they could have handled the situation in an attempt to ensure that it does not happen again.

I am aware that you have already expressed your disappointment via your Tour Operator and I am currently working with them to find a resolution to your concerns; in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind regards,

Andy
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Firstly, I was really pleased that the staff were happy for us to leave our luggage in a secure room at reception, as we were going to spend the day at the Harry Potter Studio Tour and it was too early for us to check in.
The hotel was only a 5-10 minute walk from Watford Junction and a 5 minute walk to the main shopping/restaurant street. We had our evening meal outside of the hotel as the restaurant's prices were a bit high for us.
I can't really comment too much on the staff as we didn't have much contact with them (mainly because we didn't have any problems to contact them with). However when we checked in/out they were friendly and efficient.
Finally, I was very pleased with the breakfast. There was a good variety of food available on the buffet and it was cooked properly!
We had never been to a Jury's Inn before and only chose this hotel because it was the cheapest option for us at the time we booked. We've been very impressed though, so I hope all Jury's Inns are like this as we will look to use them for other locations and will return to this one should we be in Watford again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Claire77G
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family I was hoping to stay in London not outside of it around the hotel was pretty rough always sirens going of every 30 mins the hotel breakfast was good enough but the bedrooms where very small and the beds where not very comfortable it was far from London but if u walk down to this train station u can get the fast train and be in London in a half a hour but make sure u get home early not too late because u get this dirty old train with lots of drunk people on it and takes 1 hour to get back to the station make sure u go to the Harry potter museum and Watford shopping centre

Stayed May 2014
JurysWatford_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear 29luke29,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your recent visit to Watford and Jurys Inn.

I was delighted to read that you were happy with the breakfast and our location in relation to Watford Junction Train station, which is indeed only an 8 minute walk away. Trains into London run a regular service and you can be in Euston in 18 minutes; the same service runs back to Watford Junction, from London Euston, until 1:30am and also takes around 20 minutes – I think that the train you are referring to is the overground which, as you correctly state, takes a much longer time to travel out of London.

I was surprised to read that you found our beds uncomfortable as this is not something that has been an issue for past guests – if you could provide me with details of the room you stayed in I will pass the details on to our Maintenance Team to check for any defects or faults, please accept my apologies for any discomfort this caused to you.

Like many City Centre’s, Watford is a vibrant thoroughfare, especially during peak times of the day – I am delighted to confirm however that crime around the Hotel has never been an issue and that there are major developments under way to develop facilities in the City Centre over the coming months.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind regards,

Andy
St Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice room, close to High St and much shopping. I spent only one night but staff was perfectly professional.
Car park was in the Sutton St location, well lit though one block away. Hotel has a small space to drop off bags and leave car there while check in. Good cost, wifi and no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business