“Poor Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Poor Hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First of all we attended the hotel and it looked okay at first then as soon as we got there the shower was too cold or too hot it wasn't right and also it took approximately about 20-30 minutes to be served a simple drink such as a coke and a Budweiser.There wasn't much food variety either with only lasagne or Gammon there was nothing else and the soup wasn't that nice either. Another think was when we had breakfast the scrambled egg and sausages tasted disgusting. Another thing that really bugged me was the fact my girlfriend had emailed the hotel in advance to ask if they did Football and they said yes we just needed to ask the bar staff when we arrived.So when we arrived at the hotel we were told they couldn't show it so this was a false promise in it's own way. I do however think the manager at the Hotel was extremely helpful and very Polite when we asked for anything we were unsure about.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
JurysWatford_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Patrick B,

Firstly, may I thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent visit to Jurys Inn Watford – my regret is that it was not a positive one and I apologise sincerely for the negative impression that you have been left with.

As you have also contacted us directly with your feedback, and I have since replied, I would like to reiterate my desire to rectify this matter by discussing the issues further with my Head Chef to establish how we can reduce the saltiness of the gammon used on the Tour Group Menu. We will also be using your comments surrounding breakfast as a discussion point with the Team in our weekly meeting.

I am sorry if you feel that you were misled with regards to, what we believe to have been the airing of the boxing on Saturday night. I can assure you that at no point did we advertise or announce that we were showing the fight live and I can only attribute this to human error on behalf of the member of staff with whom your girlfriend spoke to and again I apologise for this confusion.

Finally, I was delighted to read that the Manager you spoke to during your stay came across as helpful and polite, I will be sure to pass this praise on to them when they are next on duty.

Kind regards,

Andy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have just spent two days at this hotel. The receptionist was very helpful and friendly. The room was exceptionally clean with bath and shower. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast was well laid out and there was an adequate choice. The staff were very friendly. We had two bar meals which were very nice. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

the hotel was very pleasant , very acceptable room with bath & shower but the evening meal was just " stodge ". Vegetable soup was very bland stock mixed with left-over vegetables or a choice of couscous salad or rice salad served with sliced tomatoes & shreds of lettuce.
the next course what can I say ? was fish & chips , my husband had never tasted such awful fish & chips, I had lasagne which needed more sauce and the pasta could have been cooked for longer. The vegetarian choice was vegetables in a white sauce.
Dessert was trifle really?/ never had I tasted a trifle like that, or an apple crumble. My husband declined both.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lizatom
JurysWatford_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Lizatom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us in Watford – I was pleased to read that you perceived the Hotel to be a pleasant one and that you scored us so positively in the areas of cleanliness and sleep quality.

As a previous reviewer has already highlighted, there were issues over the weekend of your stay with regards to the quality of the evening meal served from the buffet for certain timed sittings in the restaurant; I apologise sincerely for this drop in standards, and for the obvious negative impression it left you with on the evening in question.

From the Hotels perspective, we have been working all week with the Team on duty over the Bank Holiday weekend to look at areas that we can improve on; the Head Chef has taken personal ownership of the issues highlighted to ensure that this remains a one of incident.

Please rest assured that we are taking your comments on board and that we are using them to reeducate the Team for future guests visiting the Hotel.

Once again, I apologise for the disruption caused to your evening meal experience and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct at the Hotel.

Kind regards,

Andy
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stopped here for two nights on a coach trip to the Chelsea Flower Show. The room was clean and I found the bed very comfortable, although others might find it a bit hard. The food was basic and my only complaint was it was cold. I found the staff pleasant, but, they were understaffed on Saturday which caused problem, with clearing plates away. Breakfast on the Sunday morning was better than the one on Saturday.

Altogether a pleasant stay and would happily return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Maria K
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for the weekend when going on the Warner Bros Harry Potter tour. If you are also planning to go on this trip (which we would highly recommend you do, this hotel is in the ideal location as the train station and the bus to the tour is at the end of the road. Additionally, walking in the other direction brings you out to a town centre with various places to eat and shop. The hotel itself is lovely, the rooms were well maintained, the buffet breakfast was delicious and the bar area provided the perfect place for us to have a drink before catching our train home.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Faye R
Mayo,Ireland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is in a good location, only a couple of minutes walk from the train station. The rooms are spacious and pleasantly decorated. I would recommend it to families looking for good value.Look out for deals in their family rooms from sites such as booking.com.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Brierley Hill, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after a trip to Warner Brothers studios, very convenient for that. Great nights sleep, no noise which I was very pleased about! Lovely breakfast, lots of choice and no queues and very friendly staff, would come back again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends