“Excellent customer service”

Jurys Inn London Watford
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Folks

Most recommended hotel in the town for business and leisure ...

Would like to thanks on the phenomenal customer service to satisfaction by a guy named Awadesh Yadav, for cutting down all my cravings for spicy food and recommendations about the hangout places.

Stayed here for 4 weeks and in this country where hospitality is a talent not by everyone .. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn London Watford

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Cracking location, perfect for watford junction.
Quick and simple check in, friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast, clean hotel.
Cheap car park opposite

Room for family of four could have been a little larger, but effectively a double room with sofa bed. We managed just fine though

Plenty of shops, bars and eateries nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic stay. We stayed for 2 nights for the harry potter tour at warner. Great room nice and clean plenty of tea and coffee. Great for watford junction as we went into london aswell. Just a great stay loved it, nice 1 jury's inn watford.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank spudlip
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a Family room booked through late rooms for year but 5 days before I called Jurys to find out and they knew nothing about it spoke to late room again then 2 days later called Jurys inn back and all sorted but only when I had sent the booking details from Late rooms ,
Got there on the Sunday and waited half an hour over the booking in time for room to be sorted, went to concert with our 2 girls and when we got back a 23.15hrs they had put a single bed in the doorway of our room as the Sofa bed was so small but we never asked or were we told about this happening so our safety route out of the only fire door and way into the toilet was blocked so one of us had too sleep next to the toilet and anyone getting up through the night to go to the toilet was bad on the knees as they kept banging into the bed in the middle of the pathway .

Our friends who also stayed, The kettle they had in there room did not work and when this was all explained when we checked out the woman on reception was not interested at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
JurysWatford_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear garry s,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay over the weekend when you were attending a concert at Wembley; I was delighted to read that you found our location to be suitable to your needs for the convenience of travelling in and out of the Stadium

I was, however, disappointed to read that you were unhappy with certain elements of your stay and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We have been liaising with Laterooms in an attempt to find out why your booking did not reach our system (it was manually inputted by one of our Reception Team) however, as of yet, we are unable to ascertain why there was such confusion over the reservation; to prevent this reoccurring in the future may I direct you to our own website where all bookings are relayed to our system instantly.

Following discussions with the Receptionist who checked you in, and the Housekeeping Supervisor on duty on Sunday, I understand that the delay was due to a request on arrival to be as close to your friends as possible. As a result of the Hotel being full on the previous evening, and an allocation of a room already being made for your booking, there was a slight delay until a new room was found, allocated and cleaned – I understand that this all took place before our standard check in time of 2pm.

The additional camp bed was added to your room by an over eager member of our Team who was trying to help by providing additional sleeping space for your children as they thought that two children may have been uncomfortable sleeping on the sofa bed provided. I have spoken to the person involved and she has asked me to pass on her apologies for any disruption this caused to your sleep, this was not the intention behind the decision.

I am also happy to confirm that we have checked the kettle from your friend’s room and we can report no discernable fault however, as a precaution, we have replaced this with a new one.

Once again, I apologise for the inconvenience caused and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind regards,

Andy

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with pleasant staff. Room is spacious with a small bathroom. Good shower. Impressed with the door sign to hang on your door if you're hearing impaired incase of fire.
10 min walk to train station.
Thought it was a bit strange that cleaning staff rearranged our room back to how it was when we arrived - we had moved the chairs and tables to suit us but no biggie. Would recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Light and pillows would seem simple to to get right, but they didn't in our room. Not enough light to read at night. A note saying there were squishier pillows in the dressing area - but these pillows were exactly the same, too hard and too thick for a belly sleeper. Restless night and woke up with a headache.

Stylish, clean and well-maintained room, but in the end if one doesn't sleep well ....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First of all we attended the hotel and it looked okay at first then as soon as we got there the shower was too cold or too hot it wasn't right and also it took approximately about 20-30 minutes to be served a simple drink such as a coke and a Budweiser.There wasn't much food variety either with only lasagne or Gammon there was nothing else and the soup wasn't that nice either. Another think was when we had breakfast the scrambled egg and sausages tasted disgusting. Another thing that really bugged me was the fact my girlfriend had emailed the hotel in advance to ask if they did Football and they said yes we just needed to ask the bar staff when we arrived.So when we arrived at the hotel we were told they couldn't show it so this was a false promise in it's own way. I do however think the manager at the Hotel was extremely helpful and very Polite when we asked for anything we were unsure about.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
JurysWatford_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Patrick B,

Firstly, may I thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent visit to Jurys Inn Watford – my regret is that it was not a positive one and I apologise sincerely for the negative impression that you have been left with.

As you have also contacted us directly with your feedback, and I have since replied, I would like to reiterate my desire to rectify this matter by discussing the issues further with my Head Chef to establish how we can reduce the saltiness of the gammon used on the Tour Group Menu. We will also be using your comments surrounding breakfast as a discussion point with the Team in our weekly meeting.

I am sorry if you feel that you were misled with regards to, what we believe to have been the airing of the boxing on Saturday night. I can assure you that at no point did we advertise or announce that we were showing the fight live and I can only attribute this to human error on behalf of the member of staff with whom your girlfriend spoke to and again I apologise for this confusion.

Finally, I was delighted to read that the Manager you spoke to during your stay came across as helpful and polite, I will be sure to pass this praise on to them when they are next on duty.

Kind regards,