“Hotel of choice if visiting Watford”

Jurys Inn London Watford
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Been staying here on and off since it opened. Great location for business travel, walking distance to train and town centre. You need to book early to get a good rate, at rack rate this is a little on the topside however if you do get it under £95 B&b you won't be disappointed. Staff always very pleasant and the loyalty programme better than most. I'll be back soon. Cheers

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed in the Jurys Inn as I was not able to get a room at the Holiday Inn Express by Watford Junction station, where I normally stay.
To my surprise, the rooms here are slightly cheaper and in comparison for both hotels. I would suggest both are the same in standard of accommodation but Jurys wins slightly on price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at the Jusys in for one night while going to a concert at Wembley stadium .The rooms where, clean, very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom itself is fairly small you have to practically stand inside the shower to be able to close the door but not really a massive issue as the brilliant shower makes up for this. We never used the restaurant facilities so can’t comment on that. The hotel receptionist was extremely friendly and did her job very well. The location of the hotel is about a ten minute walk straight out of Watford junction station which you can travel to with your underground pass from London but you need to include zone 9. Watford town is about a 2min walk to a few shops and restaurants. We had a room on looking the road but noise wasn’t too bad. Good value for money, Overall our stay was brilliant and I would defiantly return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to visit the Harry Potter studios, it is close to Watford Junction station (about 7 min walk) and only minutes to the town so it's in an excellent spot. It was clean, tidy and nicely decorated. Even though we overlooked the main road, traffic noise was minimal and the black out curtains worked a treat. We only stayed one night and didn't eat in the hotel (there is a Wetherspoons about 3 minutes away for cheaper breakfasts!). I would recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Cherryhodz
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night, as were visiting friends in the local area.
Check in and out was very simple, the receptionist was efficient but not overly welcoming.
The room was exceptionally clean and quiet. Had a large bed and a well equipped bathroom. It's very close, about a 2 minute walk,to Watford high street with all it's bars and restaurants.
The hotel has a restaurant and bar. The menu isn't great to be honest but would suffice if you were very hungry.
All in all a great hotel and I would recommend.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank dollyloulondon
Reviewed 7 July 2014

location was great for access to London and to harry potter studio. family of two adults and one teenager.
We had to change rooms for second night as they hadn't been able to confirm availability of two nights when we made the initial reservation; the second room was same as first but cost 40 pounds more for some reason. And was directly above a very loud party that went on much later than is reasonable; front desk had advised us of the party that evening when we came back after long day, but said it would be over by 11:00. Loud amplified music continued until 1:00 AM and associated party noise in the halls continued later.
If I'm going to pay that much, I'd like an attempt made by hotel staff at dealing with excessive noise that clearly disturbed other guests as well as us; adequate lighting (the reading lights beside beds were so dim as to make reading completely impossible - had to use the overhead light or nothing); and better front desk service - the young woman who checked us in was completely unapologetic re the fact they had not told me that no on-site parking was available when I made the reservation and was completely uninterested in providing adequate directions (we were not able to use the lot across the street since we didn't have a UK cellphone which was only payment). She also gave us incorrect information re the parking garage we did end up in and would have made our lives simpler if she had provided us with a) a simple map and b) correct information re pricing and payment at the garage.

Beds were very squishy and not comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Location of the hotel was great - within easy reach of restaurants, shops and Watford Metropolitan Station. Bedrooms were spacious and extremely clean. I can't comment on dinner as I didn't eat dinner in the hotel while I was staying there but breakfast was lovely every morning. There was a wide variety of food, both cooked and non-cooked. There were ice machines on every floor of the hotel - handy if you want to take a drink up to your room. However, I was slightly disappointed with the bar menu. The food available was all very similar so there was no real variety. I struggled to find something to eat at the bar. Luckily this wasn't a problem as there are so many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. A lot of the staff spoke broken English so it was difficult to communicate with them at times, and I also found a few of the receptionists to be rather cold and unwelcoming. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this hotel and any Jury's Inn to friends and family. I would stay in this hotel again if I was to return to Watford.

• Stayed: June 2014