“Excellent”

Saffron
Ranked #27 of 271 Restaurants in Watford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Watford���s Saffron is a popular and sophisticated Indian restaurant serving unusual regional dishes alongside classic curries and just a ten minute walk from the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour. The traditional interior, with crisp white tablecloths, dark wooden chairs and white walls decorated with Indian wooden carvings and artworks, is busy with couples and groups in the evenings and increasingly with enthusiastic sightseers keenly dissecting their day spent on the pavements of Hogsmeade. Saffron���s menu is a lengthy selection of fine Indian classics from throughout the country���s many and varied culinary regions. Delicately put together by the kitchen���s skilful team, dishes are distinctive and authentic, spiced ��� the spices ground and mixed freshly each day - and cooked according to tradition whether originating from the sun drenched shores of Goa or from the southern fringes of Bangladesh.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Definitely the best Indian cuisine in a take-away. Wish we had Indian take away in the states. The food was so fresh and we received it quickly. It was steaming hot!!

2  Thank Annie P

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have been going to the Saffron since it opened & love it because the menu is different
from all the other Indian restaurants.
The food is excellent, the staff are helpful & very good at their jobs.
I have also used their takeaway service and food is always delivered at a good temperature, quality & excellent value for money.
love going there and have recommended it to so many friends & family.

2  Thank Princesmum
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I don't know how well I can sum up this place. The staff are fantastic, let me start off by saying that. The food is just... ridiculously good. I cannot express how amazing it is. I apologise for any hyperbole but if anywhere deserves it, Saffron does. I go back as often as I can.
Just perfect, really!

2  Thank nnww
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My family and I have been coming here ever since the Saffron opened some eight years ago. We have used them for eating in, take-away, for parties, and even for outside catering and they have always lived up to our expectations.

After trying most of the Indian restaurants in the area, we have to say, it still is, the best restaurant in Watford by far!

Although modest in size, it is truly grand in quality, service and value. The dishes are all prepared fresh once ordered and the spices used are unique and flavorsome. Nothing is ever too much trouble for Jib and his staff and they are always friendly and obliging, without being intrusive.

We love their very extensive menu and the starters and mains are all exquisite, but our ultimate favourites are the chicken chilli fry, the chicken jalfrezi and the bhindi jaipuri (a dish we have never experienced anywhere in London before). If you haven't tried these dishes, you haven't tried the authentic taste of real Bangladeshi food.

We cannot recommend the restaurant enough, it really is a hidden gem! Definitely worth paying Jib and his attentive staff a visit. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Diamonddate1
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A little outside central Watford in Courtlands Drive with nearby legal street parking and a local bus service this is one of the family's favourite restaurants to eat in OR for take away. It's also possible to walk to it from the Warner Bros Harry Potter studio tour site (with a map of the area).

It serves some unusual dishes and most of the usual favourites and is usually generous with its portion sizes.

Can't really praise it enough. My 20 year old daughter views this as her best place to celebrate a special occasion when she visits us.

113 Courtlands Drive, Watford, Hertfordshire WD17 4HZ right alongside a great pizza takeaway and very near a near a good Chinese take away too!

1  Thank Caroline R