“A Slice of Thailand in Bushey”
Review of Thai Sunset - CLOSED

Thai Sunset
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on Bushey High Street, Thai Sunset is as tranquil and exotic as its name suggests. Run by a husband and wife team, the restaurant���s authentic Thai cuisine is a big hit with the locals and the relaxing atmosphere makes it an ideal setting for laid-back lunches and intimate dinners. The interior combines modern leather chairs, mahogany tables and a cream and chocolate colour scheme with traditional Thai wall hangings imported from Chiang Mai. Classic curries, stir-fries and fragrant soups feature on the menu, but we recommend trying their house specialties. Our favourite is the lobster tail stir-fried with yellow curry paste, peppers, and asparagus. For flawless service, flavoursome food and a thoughtfully compiled wine list; Thai Sunset is hard to beat.
London, United Kingdom
“A Slice of Thailand in Bushey”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I and my Wife spent a wonderful night at this restaurant. It was absolutely fabulous! The walls are decorated with hand crafted Thai pictures, the authentic music and the calm atmosphere makes you feel like you were in Thailand. We started with a Satay Gai. The chicken skewer and the peanut sauce had an excellent flavour combination. The main courses were divine, especially the Prawn Red Curry which was the best one I have tried in any other Thai restaurant. The flavours have remarkable depth and every dish is a treat for the eyes with the hand carved decorations. All the staff members there greeted us with smiles as warm as the Pandan Pencake they serve there which is a “must try dessert”. I would thoroughly recommend Thai Sunset to every gourmand. I know I'll certainly be returning soon.

• Visited May 2014

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“A New Tasting Experience”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Always on the lookout for a change to regular restaurant dining, Thai Sunset certainly tickled the taste-buds in an original manner - a refreshingly new eating experience, from our perspective. Apart from the extensive menu, ( great fun reading descriptions of untried food offerings ), the surroundings are deceptively spacious, light and airy. Importantly, one could only say " 10 out of 10 " for service. A large car park at the rear of the premises is a definite welcome bonus. So, if one is looking for a change in atmosphere and food with flavour, this is a good bet.

Watford
“Great food and fantastic service”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I have a meal with my mum who has Alzheimer's every Friday afternoon. I have tried lots of different meals and the flavours are excellent.
We received great service nothing is to much trouble for me and my mum, nice comfortable surrounds and good disabled facilities with free parking at the back.
Well done Thai sunset for making our lunch such a pleasant experience.

Bristol
“Very Disappointing Indeed”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Visited on an early evening and was the only person in the restaurant aside from a table of four older diners.

The place is clean and tidy including the loos, but the food I found to be very poor.

I ordered 3 dishes, one of which the kitchen managed to get wrong when they gave me Chicken when I'd ordered Beef, but I didn't make a fuss.

I ordered Prawn Tempura for starter but what I got were 4 fairly small butterflied Prawns in some some of crumb coating. It was definitely not Tempura.

For main I ordered Chicken Noodles and Beef with Basil and Chilli and despite the fact that they gave me Chicken instead of Beef it wasn't very good anyway.
The noodles were grey and tasteless as was the Chicken and veg that came in it. The Chicken dish was marginally better but all of it was a far cry from what I was expecting.

I was given a basket of Prawn crackers when I ordered my meal but these were also fairly tasteless and could have come from a supermarket.

The waitress did give me a small Singha beer as a peace offering for getting the order wrong which was a nice gesture.

I can't fault the décor, cleanliness of the place, or the staff who were just attentive enough but the food lets it down badly

Talking to the taxi driver on the way back he advised that the restaurant doesn't have a proper Chef which would explain a lot.

Wish I'd eaten at the Red Lion opposite.

1 Thank JustCheckinBristol
S0msak, Owner at Thai Sunset, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
First of all I would like to say how sorry I am that you did not enjoy your meal at Thai Sunset whether I agree with your comments or not. However, your taxi driver's allegation that Thai Sunset does not have a 'proper chef' is totally untrue as our head chef, Mr Attapol Sricharoen, has over thirty years experience and has won many awards for his creations. Since coming to Thai Sunset some four years ago he worked at two other UK restaurants for seven years each and both restaurants were sad to see him leave. in fact, we feel very fortunate to employ Mr Sricharoen and hope that he stays with us for a long time.

We pride ourselves on serving authentic Thai food and would change any dish that a guest was not happy with. The three dishes in question are some of our most popular dishes and we have many guests re-ordering them on a regular basis.
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, excellent service, wonderful ambience”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I had been looking for a Thai restaurant to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. I had to look further to find a decent smart restaurant that was worth celebrating at and despite being quite far from me, was the closest I could get a reservation at. I was very nervous having read the reviews but know that what you read is not always the full story. Whilst I cannot comment on the previous reviews, having previously given a very poor review of somewhere that was awful, this place is a little gem. When I explained that my sister is disabled and that I really wanted her to feel special and it was important that the restaurant be smart looking but that I could not find pics of the place on the internet, the sweet lady quickly took pictures and texted them to me. That was so kind. I knew we'd be looked after from that point.

The food was excellent. We were 8 in our group and ordered a range of dishes and sampled a lot of the menu. We were delighted. We are all fussy eaters with all sorts of medical issues between us but there was something to delight each one of us. The waitress who served us was there but not in our face, attentive and courteous. My sister is severely disabled and the lengths they went to to accommodate us and try to start conversations with my sister was just so touching. She felt special. Over and above what I'd expect. We had a young child with us who was difficult to keep entertained on the table for too long. The staff made every effort to accommodate us and help with the baby milk etc and despite being busy with a full restaurant, they seemed to just flow effortlessly between tables and provide full attention to all.

The décor was pleasant and not over the top, smart with some lovely original pieces. The restaurant was quite big and in no time was full. Obviously a very popular place visited by regulars. It is such a shame then that happy customers don't write reviews as places are then stuck with old poor reviews. We were so pleased and despite the distance from us, we hope to visit again.

I wish I'd known about the car park at the back but nevertheless they quickly pointed it out so that I could move my car there and my sister did not have to struggle on her way out.

Definitely wonderful memories for my sister thanks to all there.

Perhaps it's just me and that we're not local but some pics on the internet and maybe the car park could be made clearer?

S0msak, Owner at Thai Sunset, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. it is great reward for all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Thai Sunset and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again on another occasion.