Can't begin to describe how awful this experience is - and we're still here. We are here for a works christmas party on Saturday 7th December but have been staying here since Wednesday so....
1. on arrival was kept waiting whilst reception checked with the maintenance man via walkie talkie whether our room was ready - after various exchanges in Hungarian we were told that the room was ready although the coffee machine was broken and they would sort it out at 7.00am the following morning - we got it back on Friday pm !!!!
2. Waitress at breakfast was dreadful - despite us being as pleasant as possible we received no 'good morning' or even a faint smile. We had to ask for tea and also asked three times to get milk and a cup (as only one on the table not two when we sat down)
3. On Friday 6th December there were no side plates available for toast and not the full selection of fruit ie grapefruit during breakfast
4. The worst - I am sitting here writing this review at 2.29am as we cannot sleep due to the noise of other guests in the hotel who have been running and screaming in the corridor since 8pm - oh and now swearing and threatening to 'pi**' in the corridor. i phoned reception and asked them to sort it out at around 12.30 - nothing done so phoned reception again an hour later and about ten minutes ago - their response ??? there isnt one they wont answer the phone.
my advise to anyone is do not under any circumstances stay at this hotel - i shall be writing to the CEO of hotel chain
AND THE NOISE IN THE CORRIDOR CONTINUES !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within easy reach of Watford, M1, M25 and A1M motorway, Mercure London Watford Hotel is an ideal choose for both business and leisure travel. Central Watford can be reached in less then 10 minutes, where you are able to take the train or tube to central London from Watford Junction Station. The Hotel offer 218 modern style bedrooms, all with flat screen satellite TV with on-demand movies and complimentary standard WiFi. All rooms have a work desk, tea/coffee facilities, direct deal telephone and 24 hour Room Service. The Brasserie restaurant and bar is decorated with classical artwork, and serves a varied European menu. Relax and enjoy beverages and light snacks on the heated garden terrace, or in the vibrant bar. Mercure London Watford has a Feel Good Health Club, with a swimming pool and fully equipped gym. Guests can relax in the sauna, spa bath or steam room, and massage treatments are also available. Looking to explore the local area; Bushey, Borehamwood, Elstree, Wembley and St Albans and all within easy reach of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure London Watford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Watford
- Watford Ramada